News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Zucker

Re: Ben Hogan Clubs Are Back!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 12:28:57 PM »
"This new line up of clubs looks very similar, if not identical, to what the previous company was selling."

Joe Z. -

My guess is the "new" lineup of clubs is likely inventory that was on hand/unsold when the company last closed down. The new ownership wants to clean out the old inventory before they introduce a new line of clubs. On the other hand, maybe the new owners think the prior designs are so good they don't see the need to change them any time soon.

DT

That seems like a reasonable assumption David.  I hope the company does well, but if it's a cat, it's got to be getting to the end of it's 9 lives.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 01:34:59 PM »
Too bad few people under 40 even know who Ben Hogan was.  Fundamentally, that's why the reincarnation of the Byron Nelson, Gene Sarazen, Walter Hagen, etc. brands end up not resonating this day and age with consumers.

That may be part of it, but I think it's mainly the disconnect to the original brand that occurs when it passes through the magical "licensing" window. By the time a company name is being licensed, that company is long gone and there is essentially no connection to the original left. I'm not under 40, but my thought is if someone has a good idea for a business, come up with your own name and put that licensing fee into R&D.

Hopefully they'll offer something interesting and innovative and find their audience.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

David_Tepper

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 02:41:18 PM »
They are also competing with companies like New Level and Sub 70 in the direct-to-consumer space.

https://newlevelgolf.com/

https://www.golfsub70.com/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back