News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Charlie Goerges

Re: The Exceptions
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2023, 02:40:51 PM »
Separately, I don't subscribe to the adage that "It's only blind once". It's always blind, but you just get ever more comfortable with it without ever reaching the total comfort you get from full visibility.
I completely agree. I play Sharp Park pretty regularly, and #15 is a par 3 that is only sometimes blind. Reeds on the former lagoon grow up about 10 feet. They are allowed to grow and occasionally get mowed back, so you can't really see anything about 1/3 of the time. On days when I can see the green, I'll hit it almost every time (it's not a hard shot). Last time I played, it was blind, I hit a perfect iron and came up 10 yards short of the green. It's just wild how much information we have from being able to see where the target is. A blind approach requiring players to remember the distance and how to hit the shot is one way to combat growing reliance on tech.

Yes, it seems like it can be sort of an evergreen hazard if it's thought out properly. Which is why I've always had a hard time understanding the general prohibition in the architectural literature. I suppose safety can be a concern. Yes I wouldn't like 10 or 20 blind shots in a round, but more than I currently come across would be just fine.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back