News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

New Nicklaus “Brand”
« on: April 20, 2023, 07:41:19 PM »
Received a press release today from Nicklaus Design about a new course to be built in the Bahamas. It will be the first Nicklaus “Heritage” design.

Per the press release:

This new Nicklaus Heritage® brand of original golf course designs will showcase the senior designers from Nicklaus Design who have been personally trained by Jack Nicklaus over several decades. Nicklaus Heritage designs incorporate the design philosophies and values imparted to Nicklaus designers over their careers working with Jack on world famous golf courses under Nicklaus Design’s Jack Nicklaus Signature® brand.

Clever move for a design company built on the reputation of an aging player. ;)
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tommy Williamsen

Re: New Nicklaus “Brand”
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 08:02:39 PM »
I guess it is one way of rewarding loyal and experienced employees that have been with him for a long time.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 08:04:53 PM »
I guess it is one way of rewarding loyal and experienced employees that have been with him for a long time.
Or… for trying to keep the company going after he is no longer involved.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 10:17:31 PM »
Confused.

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 10:41:32 PM »
Given the dispute Nicklaus had with the fellow who bought his company, I thought JN left to start his own course design basis.

If I am right about that, it sounds like Nicklaus Design/Heritage is the company JN walked away from, not the new company he is starting.

But I could be mistaken!

Looking into it a little further, JN is shown here as the "Founder" of Nicklaus Design, but neither he nor any of his sons are shown as executives or designers.

https://www.nicklausdesign.com/about/our-team/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 10:50:15 PM by David_Tepper »

Mark Kiely

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 11:30:14 PM »

If I am right about that, it sounds like Nicklaus Design/Heritage is the company JN walked away from, not the new company he is starting.

Yes, I believe you're correct. It's a subsidiary of 8AM Golf, who also seems to own GOLF Magazine, Miura clubs, and a few other golf-related brands.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 09:22:28 AM »
Well they would have to "showcase the senior designers who have been personally trained by Jack Nicklaus," if they can no longer showcase Jack.

Michael Wolf

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 02:52:28 PM »
Well they would have to "showcase the senior designers who have been personally trained by Jack Nicklaus," if they can no longer showcase Jack.

This phrase caught my attention as well, because I took part in a discussion with this new group and none of the leadership had any idea who Jay Morrish was.

Michael

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back