News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeffrey Stein

https://www.communities4coul.scot/

I been touring the highlands for a few days now and went up to Coule Links site yesterday.  I’m convinced that a golf course there, in the hands of Mr. Keiser, Coore and Crenshaw, would provide the greatest social, economic, and environmental benefit to the local and greater Highlands communities.

Please join me in writing a letter of support highlighting any one of the great benefits you may see to creating an ecologically sensitive golf course in a spectacular dunes setting.

The course will created in a similar fashion to recent projects like Machrihanish Dunes and Ashkernish (and even some similarities in the sensitivity of the routing and construction to that of Dismal River Red and Sand Hills Golf Club).  The fairways will be mown down and topdressed with local sand, with very minimal earthworks throughout.  The same goes for many of the green sites.  Coule Links is routed around Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and will not only highlight the importance of protecting these areas around Scotland but also protect this beautiful part of the coastline and its wildlife.

I’ve read a lot about the project over the last several years, but seeing is believing after just one visit.

Please write a letter of support if you can add your knowledge / expertise with regard to the social, economic, and environmental benefits of this project to the Highlands.

https://www.communities4coul.scot/

I love the smell of hydroseed in the morning.
www.steingolf.com

Niall C

Re: Letter of Support for Coule Links Submission Deadline Today
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 06:19:42 AM »
Has the above post has been written by an AI bot ?

Niall

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 06:27:18 AM »
In the interests of fairness, please also feel free to write a letter against the development of COUL links.
Thank you,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jeffrey Stein

Re: Letter of Support for Coul Links Submission Deadline Today
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 04:10:45 AM »
Has the above post has been written by an AI bot ?

Niall

You should have known its not been written by an AI bot since I misspelled the name of the course in the original title of the thread. It’s now been corrected…

In the interests of fairness, please also feel free to write a letter against the development of COUL links.
Thank you,
F.

Marty,

It would have been funnier if you started another thread, “Submission deadline today to write a letter against Coul development”

Just curious, has either of you visited the site?  or care to share your views for or against?

Thanks for your interest. **(I am not involved, in any way, with the development of the course, I just love links golf and think its a good thing for the area.)

Jeff
I love the smell of hydroseed in the morning.
www.steingolf.com

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 04:39:51 AM »
Jeff,

Thanks for your enthusiasm. I probably won’t write the letter, even though on balance I agree with you that the course might be good for the area… I’m too busy writing letters to try and let us improve / finish already existing courses on fantastic links land in Ireland.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back