News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

OT - cool masters offer
« on: February 22, 2023, 08:06:30 PM »
This is very cool, get masters party meal delivered go your door.  Having never been to angc or the masters, while hearing about how good the food is, will be a small taste of the experience (no pun intended). Thumbs up to ANGC for this offer, now will they open up the pro shop online? ;D

https://tasteofthemasters.masters.com/
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tim Martin

Re: OT - cool masters offer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 08:12:00 PM »
Great idea!!!

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 08:51:38 PM »
Augusta did this for the 2020 November Masters. Not sure if they did it the last two years.

They also did a limited pro shop for some newsletter followers that year. I was picked so bought a shirt. You can't have enough Augusta-logoed shirts.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Mike Hendren

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 09:41:39 PM »
Cheesy if you ask me.  Next up: Buy your own overseeded divot!
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

PCCraig

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 09:58:13 PM »
A fun idea and I'm sure it further supports their vendors...why not?
H.P.S.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 08:30:44 AM »
Has anyone ever been invited to a Masters watch party?  I always considered the back nine on Sunday a private moment best enjoyed alone.

My logoed shirt from 97 has gone missing. I could never summon the courage to wear the shirt in public but I miss knowing it was mine.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 08:54:22 AM »
My logoed shirt from 97 has gone missing. I could never summon the courage to wear the shirt in public but I miss knowing it was mine.

Maybe if you'd worn it once in a while, your family wouldn't have assumed you didn't like it and tossed it?
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 10:32:19 AM »
If I wore a Masters shirt more than once a year my wife would have tossed me.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 10:45:24 AM »
If I wore a Masters shirt more than once a year my wife would have tossed me.

tru dat
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

V. Kmetz

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 11:16:11 AM »
While we're all circumspect about whether we even remember an actual Masters party of four, no less 12-16 people, this is another eye-rolling cast for stupid people's dough...

1. That "spread" might be fit for a king, but the king better be alone in his room (like JK), because what's pictured never fed four people comfortably in the history of mankind, no less 12-16, unless they were four housecats.

2. Essentially you're paying $175 (I'll be vigilant to see who praises this and complains about golf inflation in other threads) for a sleeve of logoed, thin plastic cups, four sheets of logoed wax paper, and branded disposable potato chip wrappers...the rest of the entirety you could cook, prepare, print and present yourself for about $40...might as well, you're already providing the bread to make those Masters sandwiches and booze to make those Masters drinks. And it'd be much more interesting and fun if you and your kids drew the ANGC branding on a sleeve of Solo cups anyway. Hey but if you have enough scratch for four or five of these JacketJack packages, you can just about afford to play Pebble.

3. Perhaps, most important to the "ethos" of the thing, it's one more way that the forces of commerce persist in their sexual assault-cum-creative destruction of the few, special, anachronistic, treasures that haven't yet been despoiled.  Here, that raped ethos is the idea that you had to GO to ANGC to experience its time-resistant nature, it's little perks and ante-bellum scent... it wasn't a packageable "experience" for a price... you had to be shrewd, patient, devoted and/or lucky to sample some pimento cheese and egg salad, along with the beautiful and historic golf ambiance....but it's been rotting and rotted away for years, this is only a subway token to when the thing is played virtually on a digital 1932 version of the course.
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 04:25:25 PM »
Ha...I saw the original post and ordered it.  I have a 15+ year streak of missing out on the ticket lottery, so this is my best chance to taste pimento cheese and the rest.  Going to share with some friends on Saturday of Masters week...that will be our "experience"! 
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 05:20:23 PM »
While I agree 12-14 is too high a number (6-8 would be more reasonable), do you honestly think four or fewer people would eat 72 ounces of egg salad, pork BBQ, and pimento cheese?

That's 4.5 pounds of food, not counting the bread, chips, etc. -- four people aren't eating that much food unless they're rather portly.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:22:02 PM by Edward Glidewell »

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 06:50:46 PM »
Itemized pricing:

Pork sandwich - $5 ea
Cheese or Egg sandwich - $3.50 ea
Cookie $1 ea
Chips $1.50 ea
Cup $2.50 ea
Coaster $1 ea
Little flags --- priceless

Sandwich = 4oz of filling
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 06:54:58 PM »
The last time I was there I finally had a pimento cheese sandwich. At least having one is no longer on the bucket list. (More recently, I was told by someone who knows Augusta insiders that the supplier for the sandwiches had changed that year, and so did the recipe.)
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back