News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

12th at Pebble Beach
« on: February 06, 2022, 04:41:01 PM »
I’ve played Pebble once. Seems like this hole gets beat up a lot. What makes it a bad par 3?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Wayne_Kozun

Re: 12th at Pebble Beach
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 05:58:33 PM »
When the flag is on the left it seems kind of unfair as it is a 200 yd par 3 with a shallow green with very little room over the bunker.  When the pin is on the right at least you can err short. 

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 07:59:00 PM »
I'm sure it's perfect for a left hander.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 10:29:19 PM »
I've always hated it. Just such a shallow target. And one that I missed by about 30 yards when I played it. It could go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

But watching it this week in firm and fast conditions, with perfectly played balls landing short right and releasing down left, I think it looks pretty damn good.

I wouldn't hate to see a little expansion of the apron short to be a little friendlier to the bunter. But I think I'm just fine with a stern test of a mid iron that favors the smart player.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 11:14:37 PM »
This hole is slightly similar to #4 at ANGC although PB #12 is a less pronounced L shape and the front bunker guards the opposite side of the green.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 07:57:03 AM »
When I played it I tried to fit a 5 iron draw between the bunker and the right side of the green. Pin was over the bunker. Seems like a blank canvas where the hole is located to create anything they want. Someone must like it.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 08:04:23 AM »
I don't play the championship tee and recall it being a 6 iron. The greens of course aren't all that firm for civilians which makes it a perfectly exhilarating shot. Let's not forget that we just played 8, 9 and 10 a short time ago. There is a nice feeling of security on top of that hill with a perfect lie and no more trouble than a bunker shot. Kinda like a free throw early in an OT game.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back