News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

Re: OT - Your thoughts on visiting San Diego?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 04:40:45 PM »
Just wanted to let you guys know that your suggestions were spot on and we had a wonderful holiday.

I was really impressed with how close all the "attractions" are logistically to each other. It rarely took more than 30 minutes to get from one place to another.

We spent the first three days on Coronado Island. Loved it! Stayed at the Lodge 1906 guesthouse. Highly recommend!!!

Spent most of one day at the SD Zoo. I agree with Adam G... it might be the best zoo in the world. We wanted to also visit the Safari Park, but didn't make it.

Visited La Jolla and George's restaurant. Great location.

Toured around Torrey Pines. Wish we had stopped for lunch.

One BIG highlight was the Torry Pines Gliderport. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the observation area and watching the hang gliders take off and land. For a couple from South Carolina that's not something you see every day!

After Coronado we rented a house in the Carlsbad area for Christmas week. My son, his girlfriend, and three dogs drove down from LA to spend the holiday with us. Carlsbad was really not my cup of tea. Seemed to be a great place if you are a surfer, but sadly, I'm the opposite of that.  :'(  Found a number of excellent restaurants and coffee shops. Really enjoyed our time together, but we could have been anywhere.

Our last two days were spent in San Diego proper... at the Westgate Hotel near the Gaslamp district. Fabulous hotel and the location was outstanding. Wonderful restaurants galore. And, loved the shuttle-cart service that's available downtown. It was the only way we traveled!

I can see how a visit in the spring or summer would be ideal.

Thanks, again, for your advice. It was a great help.

Happy New Year!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back