News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Better value
« on: January 04, 2022, 03:29:09 AM »
As amateurs the worse you are at golf, the more shots you take, hence the greater value for money, ie £$€ per shot, you receive???
And vice versa???

Atb
:)

Kyle Harris

Re: Better value
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 05:11:33 AM »
Hey man, how'd you hit 'em?
-Frequently
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 07:28:15 AM »
-Frequently

Hey man, how’d you hit ‘em?
- Cheaply
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 07:44:06 AM »
Poorly.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 09:15:42 AM »
I do “explore” parts of the course not generally found by good golfers so I do derive more “value” from the site.

Ira

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 12:20:15 PM »
I do “explore” parts of the course not generally found by good golfers so I do derive more “value” from the site.

Ira

Not sure about this.

Sometimes it feels like I've gone to a restaurant and I keep finding scraps from the buffet in the anti rooms. I can plainly see others enjoying a feast in the green room....the bill arrives and I'm paying the same as them!
Let's make GCA grate again!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 01:02:36 PM »

Ira

Yep. The good guys are missing out.

JESII

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 01:06:21 PM »
But then why are your best shots the most fun?  They reduce the remaining fun of a hole.

What a stupid we are!

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 01:39:03 PM »
That's why the 'Tee it Back' initiative has such a ground-swell of support among so-called average golfers. They see right through the USGA's elitist 'Tee it Forward' campaign...

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:51:03 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Ira Fishman

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 02:42:40 PM »

Ira

Not sure about this.

Sometimes it feels like I've gone to a restaurant and I keep finding scraps from the buffet in the anti rooms. I can plainly see others enjoying a feast in the green room....the bill arrives and I'm paying the same as them!

Lol. But my travels to the anti-rooms are the result of my own poor shots, not a misinformed maitre de. Plus it is a vantage point that often leads me to appreciate the quality of the architecture. The beach at NB 2, the "beaches" at Pac Dunes 18, the forest at MP 15 and 16 are all good examples.

Ira

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back