News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charles Lund

Sand Valley/Lawsonia Trip
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:43:54 PM »
I am flying into Minneapolis on May 22nd and arrive at Sand Valley on the 23rd on a solo golf trip.  I depart on the 26th to Lawsonia and am scheduled to play there on the 27th and 28th.  I fly out of Milwaukee on the 29th.

If anyone on GCA is at these locations during my stay, I would enjoy meeting and chatting.

This will be a year of domestic golf travel for me in anticipation of the world opening up again at some point.  I played 9 holes in eight months last year and resumed playing in winter.  I did a week long trip to Pinehurst in late March and early April.  I played mostly courses other than the Pinehurst resort courses I had played on previous trips prior to following GCA.  The course reviews here on GCA enhanced my experience at the four courses I played.

So far I am happy about  a partial return to a lifestyle of golf travel.

Feel free to contact me through this website if you are in the areas for my trip and see if we can meet up.

Charles Lund

Ian Mackenzie

Re: Sand Valley/Lawsonia Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 10:57:25 AM »
Easy drive from SV to Lawsonia.
Erin Hills is worth adding to your itinerary and is basically on the way from Lawsonia to Milwaukee.

Don't get suckered into playing the "other" course at Lawsonia. It's just not worth it unless you cant play another round on the "main course" and you have the time.

Or, play a round at Whistling Straits.
But, IMO, the Straits Course is the only one worth going out of your way for...except for its "3 easy payments of $150" price tag plus caddy.... ;D

Jon Claydon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 12:04:37 PM »
Charles - will jus miss you as we arrive at Sand Valley on the evening of the 26th for a few days, but enjoy it.  That's a great trip. 

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 04:40:35 PM »
Trip sounds great.  Mammoth Dunes is a blast and Sand Valley is solid C & C.  The par 3 course is fun but make sure they are using the real tees and not really shortened holes or mats. 

Brock Lynch

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 06:22:20 PM »
Charles,

The Club at Lac La Belle looks like a good addition to your itinerary, if you can squeeze it in. On the way to MKE from Lawsonia and half the price of Erin Hills.

Charles Lund

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 06:50:19 PM »

I've played the Kohler courses on an earlier trip that included Erin Hills. 

I doubt I will have much left in the tank by the time Friday afternoon rolls around, so I wasn't considering the Woodlands course at Lawsonia.  I live near Seattle and we do woodlands here fairly well, so I like woodlands courses.  In fact, I played Gold Mountain Olympic this morning, so am set up for two rounds on the Links course at Lawsonia.

Charles Lund

Easy drive from SV to Lawsonia.
Erin Hills is worth adding to your itinerary and is basically on the way from Lawsonia to Milwaukee.

Don't get suckered into playing the "other" course at Lawsonia. It's just not worth it unless you cant play another round on the "main course" and you have the time.

Or, play a round at Whistling Straits.
But, IMO, the Straits Course is the only one worth going out of your way for...except for its "3 easy payments of $150" price tag plus caddy.... ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back