News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Leveille

Walker Cup - Seminole
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:32:20 PM »
I watched a good bit of the singles matches the last two days.  I have not played Seminole, but it looks like an absolutely wonderful course.  I am curious as to how typical what I saw on TV was as to its typical conditions.  With the best amateurs in the world having extreme trouble holding greens with many bunker and chip shots, I cannot imagine how badly Seminole would slaughter me even as a single digit handicap.  For those who have played Seminole, was the course we saw on TV this weekend similar to the course you played?

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Walker Cup - Seminole
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:59:49 PM »
It has been many years but the course I saw this weekend was much more difficult than the one I played. The greens were not as fast but the fairways were firm and fast. The wind came from off the ocean and was blowing pretty hard. The greens were awesome and I had a good caddie. Without it I would have three putted a bunch.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Adrian_Stiff

Re: Walker Cup - Seminole
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 04:45:50 AM »
A ball pitching on a green and then falling off the side of the green and running onto the driving range is shite.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back