News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Nicklaus to completely renovate Muirfield Village
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »
Rob,

Yes that did look worse and you can tell Tiger saw it as he immediately stopped moving stuff around and stood up and walked away from it.

Mike,

I understand your point, but isn't part of the penalty of hitting in long rough dealing with how you play your next shot?  I'm a hack who rarely plays in anything meaningful but even I know to be careful with touching the grass behind the ball with my club when its in stuff like that. 

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2020, 01:14:16 PM »
The speed of the work at MV is insane. They were digging up greens before the tournament had even finished on Sunday. They've already recontoured the dirt on at least one green. The fairway on 15 is totally stripped. Check out pics on LaBar's Instagram page.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2020, 01:25:17 PM »
Every contractor is itching to blow shit up.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »
And members. I always suggest auctioning off a chance to drive your cart on the greens to raise at least a little money for the project.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Ted Sturges

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »
Some thoughts on Muirfield Village:

1.  To me the course has gotten generally worse with each update

2.  Seems as though it continues to drop in the rankings as the years go by and newer versions of the course are introduced

3.  Like Augusta, they have decided that their golf TOURNAMENT is more important than their golf COURSE

4.  It's the 3rd best course in town (maybe the 4th best), and moving in the wrong direction

TS

Kalen Braley

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »
An interesting little snippy article to peruse.  Not sure if Jack had control over the setup or not? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/jack-nicklaus-still-wields-tremendous-power-%e2%80%94-and-the-memorial-is-exhibit-a/ar-BB176wUA?li=BBnbfcL

Nick Church

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2021, 12:15:18 PM »
The following link was included in a recent GolfPass.com article about current course renovations.  I thought the notes / commentary were worth including with this thread.

https://caddies.pgatourhq.com/static-assets/uploads/muirfield-course-renovation-update-2020.pdf

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back