News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: The golf glove
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2020, 07:56:21 PM »
John K.

Good for you and your palms! ;) How do wide palms influence whether or not the thumb seam moves into a spot to irritate gripping the club?

DT 

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2020, 08:04:41 PM »
Just saying. You’ve got too much leather with too little thumb. Maybe you could find a nice seamstress to give your thumb hole a tuck.

David_Tepper

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2020, 08:14:13 PM »
No, that's not the problem. But thanks for your helpful advice.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2020, 04:31:01 AM »
I think golf socks are massively underrated.
As a replacement for gloves? ???
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2020, 07:01:12 AM »
I think golf socks are massively underrated.
As a replacement for gloves? ???

You not heard of foot golf???? I know members who have regularly played the old 'leather mashie'  ;D

Robert Kimball

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
This is a good spot for Kentwool product placement. Hey, it's Bubba's favorite, so we're good to go.  Also an upstate SC company, so I will shill for them. 

The "no shows" are tricky however, they tend to get "eaten up" in the heel area. Get em larger than you think.

Kentwool.com

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2020, 09:05:02 AM »
I would love to play without a golf glove, and not spend the associated money, and for much of the year, it might work.  But in the summer in the South, I use a half dozen gloves a round, switching at least every three holes; I sweat that much.  And even at that, I'm constantly toweling off my forearms and the grip before I hit a shot.
As to Kentwool socks, they are a recent addition to my summer golf wardrobe, and I'll never again wear anything else.  I'd been wearing Smartwool/Kirkland socks in the colder weather, but Kentwool is the bomb for hot weather.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2020, 09:40:59 AM »
You can always spot a great athlete by how much he sweats. I go through three hats a round but only a couple of gloves. I could save a ton of time if I could just get over putting with my glove on, can't do it. One thing I don't have in common with Jack.

Jim Franklin

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »
I wore two gloves playing baseball when I batted and can't imagine not wearing one playing golf. A couple times I have left my bag for a long walk to a green and forgot my glove. Those next swings have always been terrible.
Mr Hurricane

BHoover

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »
I cannot reliably hit full shots without a glove. In the summer heat here in the mid-Atlantic, a glove is a must for me. On the other hand, when it’s raining, I cannot get used to swinging with two rain gloves on my hands.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 09:08:18 PM »
I wore two gloves playing baseball when I batted and can't imagine not wearing one playing golf. A couple times I have left my bag for a long walk to a green and forgot my glove. Those next swings have always been terrible.

Jim, Jim, Jim, you could hit it long and straight even if your clubs had not grips.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back