News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Hoak

Ran on Golf Course Ratings
« on: December 22, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »
In the current December-January issue of Golf Magazine (the one with the Top 100 in the World rankings), Ran has a great introductory essay called Change of Scenery on his philosophy of the ratings/rankings of courses.  It describes well his view on the appreciation of golf course architecture.  It is a view that all of us on GCA know--and most agree with.
I would love to send this essay to some friends.  Anyone know how to reproduce it for emailing?  Or is this philosophy written somewhere else?
Any comments from anyone on it?  I doubt many on here disagree with much of it.

Dave Maberry

Re: Ran on Golf Course Ratings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 08:42:55 PM »
Jim,

If you go to the article at Golf.com:

https://www.golf.com/top-one-hundred/courses/2019/11/20/deep-dive-golf-top-100-world-ranking/

An email icon to the right of Ran's name allows you to forward the link to the article.

I hope that helps.

Dave

Jim Hoak

Re: Ran on Golf Course Ratings
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 10:54:20 PM »
Thank you.
I hope everyone reads this.  It is a coherent summary of current, evolving theory of golf course design.
It may not have the import of Luther’s treatise nailed to the door of a German church, but the similarities are there.

Thomas Dai

Re: Ran on Golf Course Ratings New
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 04:22:07 AM »
When Ran published his "147 Custodians" his introduction, the explanation if you like, was probably more important than the list itself.
Not saying his intro to the top-100 listing is too but ........
atb
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 07:53:10 AM by Thomas Dai »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back