News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Re: How much do shot values depend on aesthetics?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 02:15:20 PM »
      I have not played the Bridge but looking at the before and after pictures I think I would attack the holes al little differently.
[/color]On number seven I might not even worry about the bunker. It looks rather benign and shallow but gives a nice angle into the green. In the new I want no part of the bunker. On the old hole I would just try to hit it as far down the fairway as possible. I am assuming that it is possible to carry the bunker. If so then that is an option. So I hitting a little fade to keep the ball right and short of the bunker. It looks as though the fairway is a little narrower in the redesign. If so hitting left of the midline bunker is tricky.[/size]
[/color] [/size]
[/color]Eleven is similar. On the old hole I’d just aim at the right bunkers and turn it over to get down the fairway as far as possible. I guess you can do the same thing on the new hole, it just looks tighter. Or I might hit it over the right side of the left bunker with a fad to keep the ball on the right side of the fairway. Again, I am sure what the distances are. [/size]
[/color]As I look that the new holes they seem to give the player more options that just blast it.[/size]
[/color]Jeff, does this make sense?[/size]

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back