News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ally Mcintosh

Adare Manor for Ryder Cup 2026
« on: July 25, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
As it says on the tin. Just confirmed.

Adrian_Stiff

Re: Adare Manor for Ryder Cup 2026
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 12:07:09 PM »
Got to be redone as well I think, not long after a big spend, not enough space for stands.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »
Got to be redone as well I think, not long after a big spend, not enough space for stands.

Not just a big spend, an enormous one.

Do you know that or only surmising?

Brad Payne

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:33:19 PM »
Nothing like ignoring all the potentially great Irish links for a parkland Fazio...SMH
Founder and CEO, Walker Trolleys
We are creating the most beautiful, high-end golf push cart for the player, purist, aficionado that appreciates style, form and functionality and chooses to walk the game.
https://www.walkertrolleys.com

John Emerson

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »
Nothing like ignoring all the potentially great Irish links for a parkland Fazio...SMH

I second your sentiment
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »

I heard that they really loved the changes they made and the 'deal' put forward was fantastic but the only problem was some of the spaces left were not enough to get the numbers round or best viewing and it was a shame no one had thought of that before the bid. I guess they have solved the problem or the 'deal' was so good the other things did not matter. Again all the comments were absolutely over the moon about the changes.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.

Brad Payne

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 01:57:37 PM »
Assuming it would be played in Ireland/Northern Ireland. What’s your dream for the Ryder Cup? Royal County Down, Portmarnock, Ballybunion?
Founder and CEO, Walker Trolleys
We are creating the most beautiful, high-end golf push cart for the player, purist, aficionado that appreciates style, form and functionality and chooses to walk the game.
https://www.walkertrolleys.com

Thomas Dai

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »
Adare held the Irish Open a couple of times in the mid-2000’s. Pádraig Harrington and Richard Finch were the winners with RF’s playing of the 18th in the final round being particularly memorable. The footage will no doubt be dusted-off for replaying by 2026.
Atb

Rob Marshall

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 10:50:00 PM »
Anyone ever play the Adare Manor next to the real Adare Manor? I think the name is almost exactly the same. Course plays thru the remains of an old castle. We were on our way from the Dublin airport to Tralee and stopped to play. We were about 3 holes in when we realized we weren’t on the course we thought....
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

SL_Solow

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »
Follow the money.  The Belfry?

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 03:56:03 AM »

I heard that they really loved the changes they made and the 'deal' put forward was fantastic but the only problem was some of the spaces left were not enough to get the numbers round or best viewing and it was a shame no one had thought of that before the bid. I guess they have solved the problem or the 'deal' was so good the other things did not matter. Again all the comments were absolutely over the moon about the changes.

I’m amazed that might have been overlooked  by JP and Fazio’s company as RC 2026 was clearly on the agenda from early on for them.

The changes are quite astounding. There is no other course like it in Europe. I guess they will overhaul it again prior to ‘26 to ensure the grasses / conditioning are “as new”.

Horrendous amount of money spent on rebuild and to keep it in the same nick operationally.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 06:39:49 AM »
Follow the money.  The Belfry?
There was a fair few that think it should just stay there. As you said the money.

David_Tepper

Jack_Marr

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
Anyone ever play the Adare Manor next to the real Adare Manor? I think the name is almost exactly the same. Course plays thru the remains of an old castle. We were on our way from the Dublin airport to Tralee and stopped to play. We were about 3 holes in when we realized we weren’t on the course we thought....

€400 difference in the green fee.

Are Manor does not represent the Irish golfing experience, in my opinion.
John Marr(inan)

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 02:49:31 AM »

I love it that right next door to this palace of golfing bling there is a humble members' club dating back 100 years called Adare Manor Golf Club!

http://www.adaremanorgolfclub.com/

As opposed to;

https://www.adaremanor.com/

I hope that they are readying themselves for the marketing opportunities!

Or maybe they could just offer to change the name for a few mill...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:55:05 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Rob Marshall

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 11:48:22 AM »
Wasn’t a bad course to start on after an overnight flight.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »

I love it that right next door to this palace of golfing bling there is a humble members' club dating back 100 years called Adare Manor Golf Club!

http://www.adaremanorgolfclub.com/

As opposed to;

https://www.adaremanor.com/

I hope that they are readying themselves for the marketing opportunities!

Or maybe they could just offer to change the name for a few mill...

When the Manor course was first built, they asked Adare Manor Golf Club if they could swap names. The request was rejected so the hotel course was - confusingly - known only as Adare Golf Club. I think they have now rebranded as something like The Golf Club at Adare Manor.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back