News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

CJames

<blockquote>
<blockquote>

For those who enjoy quality GCA books, golf publishing machine Paul Daley from Melbourne is involved with two new golf architecture books, one as an editor and the other as a writer.  (My apologies if these two books have been previously discussed on Ran’s site). 

Authored by Keith Cutten and edited by Paul, The Evolution of Golf Course Design could be the best book on the history of GCA written in many years (see Bill Coore’s testimonial).  The book chronicles golf design from its origins to the present day and profiles all of the well-known names as well as many ‘lesser lights’ (but, sadly, not Jerry Rich) and their contributions in the context of their times.  I believe some of Josh Smith’s superb paintings are also featured in the book. 

Golf Melbourne, written by Paul Daley and featuring the wonderful photography of David Scaletti, looks to be a must-have for anyone considering a trip to Melbourne, or for those who simply love incredible golf photography and Sandbelt hole-specific commentary. 

Attached below are links to purchase for those interested. 

https://cuttengolf.com/the_evolution_of_golf_course_design/
https://www.davidscaletti.com/collections/books
</blockquote></blockquote>

David Scaletti

Re: Two New Books on GCA by Paul Daley, Keith Cutten, and David Scaletti
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »
      A pleasant surprise to check in to GCA today and find a mention of ‘Golf Melbourne.’ This is the first publication Paul and I have worked on together since ‘The Sandbelt’ back in 2001.

‘Golf Melbourne’ is a more holistic look at the golf available in and around our hometown. We take a look at the offerings within greater Melbourne, but also include offerings on the Mornington Peninsula and Bellarine Peninsula.

The book is not intended to be a listing of the greatest courses in the area, although The Sandbelt is certainly featured. It is more a recognition of places where Paul and I have enjoyed playing golf, but also, in my case photographing certain holes, and for Paul, what interests him architecturally, historically, and anecdotally.

If you’re thinking of coming to Melbourne to play golf  ‘Golf Melbourne’ would be a handy reference for not only The Sandbelt, but for many other courses that are simply fun to play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back