News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lou_Duran

The Eden Club
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »
http://www.theedenclub.co.uk/

I was asked if I knew much about The Eden Club.  Other than that it provides access to some excellent, hard-to-access golf courses, I haven't really heard much about it.  Seems to have some similarities to the Outpost Club.  Would appreciate impressions and opinions about the club from well-informed sources.

Marty Bonnar

Re: The Eden Club
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:44:32 PM »
Lou,
I’ve met a good few Eden Club members. They are mostly wealthy individuals (from all over the world) who want to have a nice base in the St Andrews area. The Club seems to be as much of a holiday destination as a golf one. They don’t have a home course as such, but, given their membership, they obviously have access to upmarket venues worldwide. The Club organises a lot of events at very nice courses which the members really enjoy. Seems like a very sociable, if somewhat rightly exclusive, private setup. Not very frugally Scottish, but each to their own and horses for courses!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »
Please join, Lou, so I play with you as a guest!  ;)
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Lou_Duran

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »
Thanks for the information Marty.  From what I've learned thus far, the club is very upscale, social, and its concierge function may be without peer.  Though I wouldn't be a candidate for membership, I think it is good to know that a wide variety of options exists, even in Scotland!  Golf is, after all, a big world.

Mike Whitaker- you can be my guest any time, not that you need any more hosts.  Since Tom Huckaby has chosen to be a stranger, maybe we should take nominations to replace him as "America's Guest".

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back