News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Mohawk and Immergrun... Devereux Emmet
« on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:26 PM »

Please share thoughts about either course re. terrain ,greens, fun to play holes. I believe Immergrun's fee is only  $32 !!

Thanks !

Ronald Montesano

Re: Mohawk and Immergrun... Devereux Emmet
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »
I've played Mohawk once or twice, but I would play it again and again. It has this in common with NGLA: I wish it had a 4th par three, because I love the three it has tremendously. None is like the others, and I wonder what Emmett might have done with a 4th short hole at MGC.

The green on the 17th has two pectoral muscles toward the back. It's awesome. The 4s are wider than the 5s, if I recall, which makes the entire course a heck of a challenge. I'd like to get back, as it has been at least 7 years since I played it.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John Blain

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
Completely agree with Ron on this one. I started playing Mohawk in high school matches back in the mid to late 70's and have managed to play there once every two or three years since then. In short, it is the type of course you could play every day for the rest of your life and die a happy man. It has long holes, short holes, easy holes and hard holes. It's simple to walk and as Ron mentioned has terrific par threes, the second hole being a redan and the fifteenth a punch bowl. I always thought that Mohawk was an underappreciated gem. Tom Watson played an exhibition there many years ago and afterwards he couldn't stop talking about how much he enjoyed the course.

-John

MCirba

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »
I just looked an Immergrun is only a three-hour drive from my house so I will plan to get out there next year. Their website still says Donald Ross but I suspect like many that would not be the case.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:09:13 PM by MCirba »
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

mark chalfant

Re: Mohawk and Immergrun... Devereux Emmet New
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »

Mike C.

Emmet, not Ross, built this 9 hole estate course for Charles Schwab. A prominent landscape architect, Charles W. Leavitt may have assisted with some logistics/ construction. Mr. Schwab long served as the President of Bethlehem Steel !

I believe Mike Trenham may have played Immergrun.   Please keep me posted, Id like to visit the course with you

Thanks !
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:19:30 PM by mark chalfant »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back