News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ward peyronnin

Quail Crossing by T Doak Update
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:23:44 AM »
Perhaps a bit provincial but good news is required for the yin/yang these days. This course is a small gem that has struggled for many years and now has new life breathed into it. The city of Booneville has bought the property with bond issue proceeds.

http://www.courierpress.com/story/news/local/2017/09/12/boonville-officially-golfing-business/653458001/

Now only playing nine holes I will taking advantage of the reintroductory special rates this fall. It is sporty little track that offers a style of golf unique to this area and I am glad, as I know Tom is, that many years of enjoyment on its field of play are assured
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tim Gavrich

Re: Quail Crossing by T Doak Update
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
Great news; another coup for the greater golfing public and a new positive event in the #munaissance!
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Nigel Islam

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:09:34 AM »
    Yes, anyone who has seen the course recently must see this as good news. I played there last month and several of the greens needed to be shut down for awhile. Hope the winter is kind to them.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
Ward:  thanks for the link.  I'm happy to hear that the golf course will survive; there are only so many of my courses and its a shame that several of them have skipped away.  The reports on how it had been managed recently were pretty grim.  I just hope that the city will enlist people who care about the place to run it. 

We are happy to help, though it's been strange that no one has contacted me about it at any point in the process.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
Very happy to hear this course basically in the backyard of my youth will continue on.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

ward peyronnin

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 05:56:08 PM »
Tom
The City is not the most sophisticated spot on the planet and was probably just trying to get the deal done. They probably don't realize that Renaissance could be a resource.

I have some contacts and I will inquire about their intentions and try to put that on their radar.
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

John Mayhugh

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 07:40:27 AM »
Thanks for posting the article, Ward.  I really enjoyed the course, but conditioning made me hesitant to recommend it.

Nigel Islam

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »
Ward:  thanks for the link.  I'm happy to hear that the golf course will survive; there are only so many of my courses and its a shame that several of them have skipped away.  The reports on how it had been managed recently were pretty grim.  I just hope that the city will enlist people who care about the place to run it. 

We are happy to help, though it's been strange that no one has contacted me about it at any point in the process.

I honestly think that is exactly what the course needs. They have been struggling with horrid conditioning for 3 years. Essentially half the greens are dead. I seem to remember Sultan's Run bringing Pete Dye in a few years ago to help with similar issues.

Trey Kemp

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 09:14:37 AM »
I played Quail Crossing a few years ago on the same day I played Victoria National, it made for a very interesting and fun day of golf.  Its good to see new life is going to be pumped into Quail Crossing.
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

Mike Hendren

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
Good news as a dozen years ago QC hosted the NLE Hillbilly Tour for a "Poke at Doak" with Barney garnering medalist honors. A sad day though as the hickory shafted Magic Spoon suffered irreparable damage.  I was too upset to stop for mutton on the way home.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back