News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Powell Arms

I had the chance to enjoy the new East Course at Farmington Country Club this weekend. It's a Coore and Crenshaw creation of ten holes.  Par 35 over the 10 holes. 

It is an absolute blast. C&C did the East Course with the same high quality craftsmanship that typically deliver.  It is specifically designed to be playable by three generations together.  It is. And also can be a challenge.  There is a tee setup that allows for no forced carries, playing 1558 yards, or step back to the tips for a challenge  at 2206 yards. 

Short yardage do s not mean benign green sites. These are the real deal, with thoughtful bunkering and plenty of internal contour. 

While different architecturally, the Farmington East Course And The Mulligan Course at Ballyneal, which I enjoyed last month, capture everything that is fun about golf. A great walk with friends with challenges appropriate for many levels of players.  And sure to be lots of fun after 18 on their respective 18 hole course. 

Photos to follow shortly.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 12:23:57 PM by Powell Arms »
PowellArms@gmail.com
@PWArms

Dave Givnish

Powell -

Were you able to play the old East nine before the renovation? The finished product is a huge upgrade. Finding the room for an up-to-date practice facility was much needed in my opinion. I'm waiting to hear that the bunkers on North and South nines will be updated to be more like the ones on East.

I understand that the club president at the time the project began took a lot of arrows from the members through the approval process. The course is fun, easy to walk, and can be played in about 90 minutes. There was a wide range of ages and skill levels playing, including a number of groups that looked like grandparents playing with the grandchildren.

Dave

Powell Arms

Dave

I never saw the old east course in person.   I have seen some photos.

I am sure this new C&C East is a huge upgrade.

I played it twice this weekend.  The first at twilight as a single.  Walking and taking phtos it took me 70 minutes.  The second time was as a twosome, and that was also about 70 minutes.  The group in front of us was four, with some lesser skilled golfers, and there were plenty of smiles in that group.

The practice facility is world class.  Multiple practice greens.  Multiple bunkers. Chipping and pitching areas from various lies and lengths of grass.  The five bay indoor facility that opens onto the range looks great and will be opening this fall.

I do not know the details, but I would guess there were plenty of opinions and arrows slung.  The final product is awesome.

I didn't hear anything about the redo of bunkers on the main course.  I would not be surprised to see that happen in the near future.  The club is doing an impressive job of continuous capital improvements.

Powell
PowellArms@gmail.com
@PWArms

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back