News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCrosby

Jerry -

I don't think the bunkers around the green affect the pros much. What does bother them is not being able to see the bottom of the pin from the fw. People don't appreciate on TV how elevated the green is.

Having praised Maxwell's 7th green, I still regret the changes he made to the hole circa 1938. The placement and shape of Mack original green would have made for more interesting 2nd shot choices. And I'd bet that the internal movements on MacK's green were incredibly good.

Bob 

Brian Finn

Can anyone share the specific greens at ANGC that are attributed to Maxwell?  I was just there for the first time this week, and spent a good amount of time looking at each green.  I'd love to know which are his.  If I had to guess, I would think 5 & 14 must be his work.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

BCrosby

Brian -

Other than Maxwell redo's of the 7th and 10th holes, I'm not sure what other greens he changed. He made relatively minor changes to several, but I've never been clear which ones, though I have some guesses. Chris Clouser is the best source for that info. perhaps he will chime in.

The 5th and 14th greens are MacK's. Maxwell did very good greens. But he sat at the feet of MacK.

Bob 

Brian Finn

Brian -

Other than Maxwell redo's of the 7th and 10th holes, I'm not sure what other greens he changed. He made relatively minor changes to several, but I've never been clear which ones, though I have some guesses. Chris Clouser is the best source for that info. perhaps he will chime in.

The 5th and 14th greens are MacK's. Maxwell did very good greens. But he sat at the feet of MacK.

Bob
Thank you.  That is helpful.  Based on some articles shared with me, it appears he did substantial work on 5, 6, 7, 10, and 17, while also modifying 9, 14, and 18. 

Edit:  This great thread largely provides the answers I was seeking.  http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,51383.0.html
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:31:55 AM by Brian Finn »
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back