News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

The Golf Architect in his lonely garret
« on: September 02, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
Scene I
A badly furnished room in a small provincial town.

Starving, poverty-stricken, racked with insecurity, the young architect slaves over his drawing board. Deeply worried about the implications of his clients latest demands, he wonders how it could ever be possible to reconcile his design integrity with an instruction to include a veldt-like area on the fourteenth fairway complete with herds of roaming wildebeests.
Intensely pulling on his beard, he begins to think...

?

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Steve Lang

Re: The Golf Architect in his lonely garret
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:29 PM »
 8)  Could it be like Banff' with the elk roaming there?  Doesn't seem to bother the folks playing there...

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:23:36 PM »
as long as he isn't stroking the wildebeest's beard he be okay. I hope this is not on Madagascar.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »
Scene 2

Suddenly, he is distracted from his thoughts by louds whistles rising up from the teeming city streets below. The architect slides his chair over to the window and looks down:

There he sees 3 construction workers on their lunch break, joyously whistling at 2 young women in flowing and flowery summer dresses walking past, smiles on all their faces

In that moment, the architect clutches at his stomach, the pangs of existential nausea hitting him hard and bitter as he realizes fully for the first time the true reality of his life.

Somehow he has made himself into a starving, poverty-stricken, and miserably insecure young architect with nothing better to occupy his mind than reconciling his so-called design integrity with a client's demands. 

And then, like a flash of grace and light, it hits him:

He sits back, feeling relaxed for maybe the first time in years, breathes in deeply and says:

F--k it! If it's a veldt-like area with herds of roaming wildbeasts they want, I'm going to give them a dozen of them!  THERE'S the golf course, I'll say, play it any way you want!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:54:01 AM by Peter Pallotta »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 11:50:14 AM »
Not sure where they reside overnight, but last time I played Cypress Point there was a large of deer in the fourth fairway.  Not wildebeests but inspirational nonetheless. 

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:08 PM »
He begins to think, "Where is a lion when you need one."
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 01:04:22 AM »
Time for the tranquiliser dart gun....
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 04:09:22 AM »
"Intensely pulling on his beard, he begins to think......'"

and looking out of his window in Coylumbridge, over the roof of the adjacent shieling, realises that a monarch of the glen can easily replace the wildebeeste, and the mist-covered hillsides the veldt! And afore ye ken where ye are Jon Wiggett is at his side and The Highlands finest short par 4 is created!

Slainte mhath!

Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 05:32:35 PM »
"Intensely pulling on his beard, he begins to think......'"

and looking out of his window in Coylumbridge, over the roof of the adjacent shieling, realises that a monarch of the glen can easily replace the wildebeeste, and the mist-covered hillsides the veldt! And afore ye ken where ye are Jon Wiggett is at his side and The Highlands finest short par 4 is created!

Slainte mhath!

Colin

Me thinks you are too kind sir!  :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back