News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

California State Am @ Lake Merced CC
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:26:05 AM »
The California State Amateur is being played this week at Lake Merced CC. Rounds of strokeplay today & tomorrow to qualify for a matchplay draw of 32, with a 36-hole final on Saturday.

http://www.ncga.org/competitions/california-state-amateur/

Good luck to GCA-er Matt Cohn!

Joel_Stewart

Re: California State Am @ Lake Merced CC
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Did the California golf association grant Steph Curry a spot?

He's a 1 handicap and submitted his application but playing in the NBA finals he was unable to play in the qualifier.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »
Joel,

I looked at the starting times and he is not in the field.  A friend posted a picture of Steph and Andre Iguodala at Olympic yesterday, so his golf season has started...just not in the State Am.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 11:14:54 PM »
I played like poop but a general report — course setup is pretty standard other than some unusually firm greens. No extra rough or anything like that. I'm actually surprised nobody went lower than 68 given at least three, potentially four reachable par-5's and no overly long par-3's or 4's. Tees were up today on 2, 4, 8, 11, and 15. If I can go lower than 68 I'll have a chance to make the cut tomorrow. I suck right now.

One player from the U.S. Open, Jake Knapp from UCLA, is playing and he is tied for the lead. Two years ago Cory McElyea missed the cut at Merion and then won the Cal State Am, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see that script replay this week. Finals are on Saturday and anyone can watch for free (as they can all week).

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »
I played like poop but a general report — course setup is pretty standard other than some unusually firm greens. No extra rough or anything like that. I'm actually surprised nobody went lower than 68 given at least three, potentially four reachable par-5's and no overly long par-3's or 4's. Tees were up today on 2, 4, 8, 11, and 15. If I can go lower than 68 I'll have a chance to make the cut tomorrow. I suck right now.

One player from the U.S. Open, Jake Knapp from UCLA, is playing and he is tied for the lead. Two years ago Cory McElyea missed the cut at Merion and then won the Cal State Am, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see that script replay this week. Finals are on Saturday and anyone can watch for free (as they can all week).

Hey Matt.  Sorry things didn't go your way this week.  I played with Jake Knapp at Lake Merced in 2012 US Open sectionals.  He was 17.  He might be the longest driver of the golf ball that I have played with that can actually compete.  He was taking lines at Lake Merced on some holes that were mind blowing.  Hope to see you down the road this year.
#nowhitebelt

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »

Hey Matt.  Sorry things didn't go your way this week.  I played with Jake Knapp at Lake Merced in 2012 US Open sectionals.  He was 17.  He might be the longest driver of the golf ball that I have played with that can actually compete.  He was taking lines at Lake Merced on some holes that were mind blowing.  Hope to see you down the road this year.

Yeah, I played with him at MPCC a couple of years ago. He hits it really, really far.

Pat Burke

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
Played with Jake in US Open local qual.
Hit 3 iron past my driver on number one!
Driver got past my good one of #4 by 68+ yards

David_Tepper

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »
Jake Knapp lost 2&1 this morning in the quarters to high school senior Josh Sedeno.

David_Tepper

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 09:13:03 PM »
Cal senior Shotaro Ban plays high school senior Josh Sedeno in Saturday's 36-hole final.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back