News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Mollica

Re: OT - Rare Confidential Guide
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 07:15:22 PM »
So there you are gents. Indeed a most worthy cause. Dig deep. If my wife had not cared, I'd have bid into four figures for this. ;D
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 02:09:49 AM »
So there you are gents. Indeed a most worthy cause. Dig deep. If my wife had not cared, I'd have bid into four figures for this. ;D

Here here. Good luck, Michael.
Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 08:27:35 AM »

Here here. Good luck, Michael.

Couldn't agree more

Michael Taylor

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »
Thanks for the support guys. I've had a lot of interest in the book and I hope it keeps going well. Almost up to 4 figures. If Matt Mollica gets in quickly then he can still put in a 3 digit bid!  ;D

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
Michael,

I've never seen an auction where the provenance of an item didn't help drive up the price.  Would you care to share, if you know the history of ownership?  I'm not interested in buying but would love to see you do well.  Good Luck.

Jud_T

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
Best of luck.  I lost my mom to cancer last fall.  It's no fun but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  It sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to in your future.  There's clearly value here beyond the collectibility of the book itself guys....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
Has there been a Kickstarter campaign set up?  I'd love to donate to help this lad along his path.

Michael Taylor

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »
John, there's no campaign and as nice as that is, the money is better off being donated to a foundation or similar. I only know the previous owner who is a fellow GCA'er but I will not name him. I don't know if there's any big history to this book but I can ask. :)

Jud thank you for your kind words. It's an incredibly tough time for me and dad and there's so many loose ends to tie up before I can move on. You're right though in that I've got a lot of good things to look forward to. Sorry for your loss too.

I am also taking buy it now offers over a million dollars so let me know guys. ;)

Dan King

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »
I have two copies of the 1994 edition, and two different Sleeping Bear versions. I haven't been much involved in golf, but heard Tom is coming out with a new version. Any truth to that rumor?

Cheers,
Dan
You know your getting old when all the names in your little black book have M.D. after them.
 --Arnold Palmer

Michael Taylor

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 08:09:18 AM »
Just a little bump guys. The book is still going very cheap..! Only a day and a half left to get your bid on it if you're keen. I'm hoping it will sell for more to at least cover my flights to the US this October for college.  :) Definitely worth more than where it's currently at. http://www.greenjacketauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=14689

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back