News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Pont

De Pan article in Golf World
« on: March 03, 2015, 04:59:36 AM »
For those of you who can't get their hands on the last edition of Golf World, here is the profile of De Pan written by Chris Bertram that features in it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10772736/GolfClubAtlas/Top%20100%20Spotlight%20Utrecht%20De%20Pan.pdf

Enjoy!

C. Sturges

Re: De Pan article in Golf World
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »
Frank,

Thanks for posting!  The course looks so good, now I just have to get over there some day to play!
chris

John Mayhugh

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing the article with us, Frank.

I'm with you on holes 6 & 10.  A bit of blindness works really well on both of those holes. 

David Davis

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »
Nice article Frank and good work with getting De Pan that excellent exposure.

You are certainly helping them down the right path and the course is in the best conditions I've ever seen it (last year I mean, as I've yet to play this year and will wait till summer).

I love the 6th and 10th holes but also the closing stretch, in fact the entire second 9 is strong and nice routing. I don't love the way the tree hangs over from the back tee on the 6th however.

It will really be a great improvement when 5 and 7 are restored. It's hard to believe that joker was allowed to change them like that. Shows what can happen when decisions are in the wrong hands. Unfortunately, something I'm learning about the hard way.

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

ward peyronnin

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
I have fond memories of post game luncheon on the terrace with renegade Budapests: crispy sauteed mini whole taters, salmon or the like but most importantly three bottles of crisp white thanks to Conrad.

Missed my MF train out of Ultrecht
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Mark Pearce

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:47:32 AM »
Of all the clubs we played in the Netherlands, De Pan was the one I'd most want to be a member of (and there were several I'd happily join).  A wonderful course, full of interest but not a ball breaker and a lovely feel around the clubhouse.  Top notch.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »
Of all the clubs we played in the Netherlands, De Pan was the one I'd most want to be a member of (and there were several I'd happily join).  A wonderful course, full of interest but not a ball breaker and a lovely feel around the clubhouse.  Top notch.

Agree! I want a return visit!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back