News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

Stagecoach Practice Club—Chapel Hill, NC
« on: May 21, 2021, 07:44:26 AM »
Anyone have any information about it? It looks as if Richard Mandell designed it. I cannot find a website or anything else about it.

Thanks,

Ira

A.G._Crockett

Re: Stagecoach Practice Club—Chapel Hill, NC
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 08:12:13 AM »
Ira,

I've never heard of it until you wrote this; like you, I read everything I could find online, which isn't much.  I'll be curious to know what and where it is.  There is a Stagecoach Road SE of Chapel Hill that runs between Farrington Rd and NC 751, more or less in the same area as Old Chatham, with a lot of undeveloped land.  But I haven't heard a peep about any golf-related construction in the area.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Scott Weersing

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 08:13:25 AM »
It looks like a practice course. Not sure where it is.

https://www.golf-architecture.com/in-progress

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 08:35:36 AM »
Ira, you have REALLY pushed my curiosity button with this!  Since you first posted it, I've asked all my Chapel Hill buddies, some of whom are pretty well-connected, and none of them have heard a thing about it.  Nothing comes up on Google maps, either. 

You have unearthed quite a mystery in my backyard!
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Ira Fishman

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »
A.G.

Richard Mandell posts here on occasion so maybe he will see the thread and clear up the mystery. It is a head scratcher. I would enjoy such a facility when visiting your neck of the woods. Maybe it was built for just one person.

Ira

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back