News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Hutto

East London (Euro Tour Venue)
« on: February 13, 2014, 10:32:25 AM »
Has anyone here played or seen the East London course that the European Tour is playing this week?

It's a weak field (none of the world Top 100 players are there) but one of the announcers is going on and on about what a "fun" course it is. I'd have to agree based on what you can see on TV.

Looks kind of like a GolfClubAtlas dream course. Wide fairways (to allow for frequent heavy winds), largish greens Stimping around 9 and lots of elevation changes. Great views, too!

Tom_Doak

Re: East London (Euro Tour Venue)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »
We had the same thread a year ago.  I flew over the course en route from Durban to Humewood (Port Elizabeth), and it looked like it had a lot of character, even though it seemed quite narrow and a bit of a "bush" landscape in between the holes.  It is good news if they've widened it out.  There are not many great courses in South Africa [above a 6 on the Doak scale] but I suspect that East London is one of the best in the country ... but you can't tell that to the South Africans, whose rankings all focus on longer, modern courses.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back