News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BHoover

Tiburon GC
« on: December 15, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »
I'm sitting at home watching football and the Shark Shootout. Looks to me like Tiburon GC is a bit more interesting than many other Florida courses that we usually see on television. From what I've seen, it looks to be playing fairly firm and fast, has width and some interesting bunkering (I can faintly see some Royal Melbourne influence). The greens seem to have some interesting surrounds and chipping areas.

I've not played Tiburon, and know nothing about it other than what I've seen on the broadcast. But it looks kind of interesting. In all honesty, any place where golf is being played in December beats Ohio.

Any thoughts from someone who has played it?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:36:41 PM by Brian Hoover »

Ed Brzezowski

Re: Tiburon GC
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »
Hello Brian,

I have had the pleasure of playing them both this year. Both are in , or were in a March, great shape. Fairways were fair as far as width but in order to score well you did have to come in from the correct side. Green speeds were just over ten and there are some very nice  hole locations available on each green. I do recall some expansive chipping/ run off areas. They offered a multitude of choices for the shots that ran off the green.

It is a Ritz facility so service was perfect, a bit overpriced but it was March in the sunny south. Food good, drinks generous, smiles seemed genuine , pro shop prices reasonable and golf staff very engaging.

If you get there try The Colony down the street. A little less expensive, still excellent and I think one of the best finishing holes around. Very interesting green complex , play the correct tee and it's a gut check approach if the hole is located back left.

Going back in March if you are around.

Ed
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

John Percival

Re: Tiburon GC
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
B,
Played T about 5 years ago and enjoyed it very much. Some neat bunker work as they were sod faced and, thus, a bit scary lie-wise. The wide fairways are great and there is some strategic element to them. Be warned, though, that the lack of rough means balls moving sideways have nothing to stop them until they hit the sand (which is/was firm) or more likely, the plantings in the sand. Thus, some ball searches could be in order.
My wife, Laura, didn't come close to missing a fwy. We had to beat bushes twice for me (only found one :-\).
The hotel looks great, but we were staying at the Ritz on the beach about 10 minutes away. Terrific property, cool beach past the 'mangrove' and a sweet spa.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back