News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

scott_wood

Besides GCA.....
« on: December 15, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »
Which sites do you find  sufficiently "interesting" to visit daily/frequently?

For me, Geoff Shackelford and David Owen (myusualgame.com) , but I find I don' t visit others as frequently..
( haven't been asked to Max's.  :'(.   )

You?

hhuffines

Re: Besides GCA.....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
Golfwrx is a pretty cool site...

BHoover

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
I'm fairly addicted to GolfWRX. I'm not quite a club ho like many on that site, but it's not far off.

It is amazing just how many guys on there carry their tee shots 320 and have 115+ mph swing speeds.  ::)

Paul Gray

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
Fine Golf and Top 100.

I gave up trying to have sensible discussions with people on any other golf sites some time ago. The final straw came when I quite reasonably tried to explain during a ridiculous debate about what length of course meant value for money that a long course was not necessarily a good course. I did so by comparing Swinley Forest to a nearby 7,000 yard farm track and made some quip about not buying my golf by the yard. I was roundly lambasted for apparently not 'getting it.'

I was at the point of concluding that the world of golf had moved a long way away from anywhere I wanted to be and then I stumbled upon GCA. It turned out that, rather than being in a minority of one, my views seemed to mirror many of those held by some pretty eminent people. Now, upon discussing the finer points of golf, I don't feel quite so isolated when I get those funny looks at work......work at a golf club that is! There's a long way to go yet.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

scott_wood

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »
I forgot that I also enjoy the blog and optional weekly email from Barry Rhodes ,
who writes cogent, timely comments regarding RULES...

Barryrhodes.com

Greg Gilson

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »
Max's

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
Gentlemen,

I visit Max's Lounge for a change of tipple.

But I am really going to miss Ian Andrew's blog now that he has written "The Last Blog Post".   Judging by the last picture of him it's going to give him more time for tippling ….. "Scotch tasting" as Ian describes it!!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
Like Colin, I'm disappointed Ian has stopped with his blog... I checked it every few days fir a new post.

Scott Warren's site has many quality reviews, though (unfortunately) he hasn't had anything new up in a while: http://theglobalgolfer.blogspot.com.au

Eric Smith

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
  www.supershadow.com for the latest on Episode VII.

Bob_Garvelink

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
Golfwrx for this guy
"Pure Michigan"

Pat Burke

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Maxs
Golfwrx

SOme of the "participation" blogs have become
too "National Enquirer" in the stories,
and hate filled in the comments

I do frequent hfboards for hockey.  Worth checking, if nothing else for the photoshop threads

Scott Warren

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 10:25:33 PM »
Mark Saltzman,

Very kind of you - I have fallen well behind this year (from memory I have 6-8 courses to do to get up-to-date). Hopefully can catch up in the Christmas holidays.

In part I have been busy, and in part I have been thinking about re-birthing the site and doing something a bit different, plus I read some of the older entries and cringe a bit and so I also want to update/improve them... and with so much to do I don't know where to start.

Amol Yajnik

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »
For those that check out GolfWRX, you should also check out The Hackers Paradise.  Not as many members as WRX, but more of a family atmosphere and less of the internet golfer (aka super high swing speeds) attitude there.  THP is where I spend the majority of my "golf" online time.

Alex Miller

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
In no particular order...

Fangraphs
Grantland
r/nba and the rest of the front page of the internet

Thomas Dai

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 05:44:23 AM »
Finegolf is a noble effort. I've noticed how some UK clubs are now using recognition by Finegolf as pretty much a badge of honour. I only wish more clubs would adopt the approach advocated by the site.
Golfempire is excellent for tracking Open competitions.
Top100 is a useful reference source
Ebay, but only if you're very careful and canny.
ATB

Tom Culley

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 06:43:02 AM »
http://shutfacegolf.com/

Shut Face can be funny at times.
"Play the ball as it lies, play the course as you find it, and if you cannot do either, do what is fair. But to do what is fair, you need to know the Rules of Golf."

David_Tepper

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
www.randyhaag.com

It is interesting to view the game thru the eyes of an accomplished "professional amateur" such as RH. Depending on his tournament scheduled, he will update his blog daily, weekly or monthly.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back