News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Mac Plumart

Humorous but spot on.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tom Bacsanyi

I was going to post this to the board as well.  Awesome stuff.
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Ben Sims

I think Randy touches on a larger point as it relates to the bifurcation issue. And I'm not talking about ball bifurcation. I'm referring to the bifurcation of power in the greater golf world. It seems to me that the green keeping side of the golf business is at an all time high in how willing the general golfing world is to defer to their knowledge and control. Does anyone else here feel like we are on the cusp of a change in golf? That maybe the most important person at your course or club is no longer the pro or the general manager, but the superintendent? I know many of us have always felt that way, but what if the average golfer (as Randy so diligently found) starts to take that view as well?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:32:01 PM by Ben Sims »

Mark Pavy

Ben, I'm not sure who is the most important person at a club, however, I do like seeing the pro, GM and super playing golf together.

Great vid.

Paul Gray

Brilliant, particularly in that the debate is being framed as smart vs stupid. That may sound a little unpleasant but fear of being perceived as backwards is a bigger catalyst for change than any environmental arguments. Peer pressure always counts for a lot.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

JMEvensky

Ben, I'm not sure who is the most important person at a club, however, I do like seeing the pro, GM and super playing golf together.

Great vid.

I'll just assume you meant to add a dues paying member as the fourth-- as long as we're talking most important.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back