News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JWL

BlakeTree National just got
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:24:13 PM »
a great agronomist to oversee grow for  the renovated course.    Carlton Woods lost one of the very best in the business.   So, it appears that the TW renovation rumor was a real deal and is moving forward.

Sam Morrow

Re: BlakeTree National just got
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:08:31 PM »
The group is led by CW members

Steve Lang

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:50:20 AM »
 8)  Ms Sheila & I asked about buying the place he last time we were there… guy behind the desk said we'd have to talk to the folks in Dallas.  We know Sequoia Golf/WCC looked at it, but judged it would take too much money to bring turf up to expectations… and then there's the feral hogs that tear things up out on the 8th… they had a play and hunt special the other year…

We were hangin with Tiger and he was a bit stiff.. something about back spasms..  didn't really want to talk about it..

Too bad Carlton Gibson couldn't have a go…

CW must be getting ready for the influx of Exxon folks… or working with the Pines at Bentwater for investment…

Just hope it comes back!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:42:57 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Lou_Duran

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »
Steve,

Ms. Sheila must have put on a few years and pounds since the last time I saw her.  She might also consider an upgrade of her footwear.

What's the deal with the Grand Pines?  Outside of the 50 or 100 purists on this DG, it might be the hidden gem in Texas.  Financial problems?

I have to wonder why Tiger and not C & C to finish the course.  Is the TW label that valuable for the intended market?  Which is?

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »
 8) Lou, Sheila's in sunglasses behind her 85 year old mom, who might whap you upside yer head with her flip flops… or Little Sheila who plays 16U Hockey might take you over the boards and spend some minutes in the penalty box for them words :o :o :o

I understand GP & CW folks have reciprocal playing privileges..  so rumor mongering that there is co-investment at Blaketree.. other than the goofy 16th green

I though Old Man Blake did a good routing for 13-18…  when it became open to public the turf and greens were really nice.  so having a turf man focus is #1, and then maybe return # 8 & 9 to par 5 & 4 respectively.

Given you have David Ogrin (High Meadow) and Steve Elkington (Woodforest-Fish Creek) close by, TW might actually be a sell..  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:40:54 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Sam Morrow

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 01:16:33 AM »
I grew to like 16, it was quirky and different. To me the wall was like a cross bunker or stream, play short of it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back