News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Nieto

Newbie Intro...
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself as I just recently joined GCA.  After following many of the discussions on this site, I look forward to partaking. 

Over the past few years I've moved around a bit, so I've had the good fortune of having a couple different home courses.  They include:
- Rustic Canyon (I’m originally from Los Angeles)
- Yale (frequented this course while in grad school)
- Chambers Bay (I currently live in Seattle)

I just finished reading Tom Doak’s ‘Anatomy of a Golf Course’ and am currently reading Geoff Shackelford’s ‘Grounds for Golf’.  Looking forward to reading a bunch of other books I've discovered through GCA discussions.  Thanks for recommendations. 

Cheers,
Mark

Michael Blake

Re: Newbie Intro...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
Welcome Mark!
My sister-in-law is in Port Orchard and takes the ferry into Seattle everyday.

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »
Welcome Mark!
H.P.S.

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »
Mark,

Great to hear from you. Look forward to reports from the Nothwest..

Cordially,

Malcolm

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 01:03:38 AM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself as I just recently joined GCA.  After following many of the discussions on this site, I look forward to partaking. 

Over the past few years I've moved around a bit, so I've had the good fortune of having a couple different home courses.  They include:
- Rustic Canyon (I’m originally from Los Angeles)
- Yale (frequented this course while in grad school)
- Chambers Bay (I currently live in Seattle)

I just finished reading Tom Doak’s ‘Anatomy of a Golf Course’ and am currently reading Geoff Shackelford’s ‘Grounds for Golf’.  Looking forward to reading a bunch of other books I've discovered through GCA discussions.  Thanks for recommendations. 

Cheers,
Mark

Those were books 2 and 1 on the subject that I read, and they helped with my understanding of architecture immensely, and made the older books much more understandable and easier to read.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back