News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gavrich

Elk and Rocco talking GCA
« on: August 29, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
http://www.secretinthedirt.com/index.php/media-gallery/1500-elk-rocco-at-fox-chapel-golf-club-part-12-episode-1238?pk_campaign=Twitter

They talk a bit more about the concept, rather than the site, but it's a nice, if brief discussion that we don't normally end up privy to.

Which other pros are interested in GCA? I know Geoff Ogilvy cares a great deal about it, and it seems Rocco and Elk care some too.

In this day and age of pro golfers building large teams of experts around them, is it a matter of time before they start recruiting Golf Course Architecture consultants? ;D I'm only about 55% joking here, I think...
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Terry Lavin

Re: Elk and Rocco talking GCA
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »
http://www.secretinthedirt.com/index.php/media-gallery/1500-elk-rocco-at-fox-chapel-golf-club-part-12-episode-1238?pk_campaign=Twitter

They talk a bit more about the concept, rather than the site, but it's a nice, if brief discussion that we don't normally end up privy to.

Which other pros are interested in GCA? I know Geoff Ogilvy cares a great deal about it, and it seems Rocco and Elk care some too.

In this day and age of pro golfers building large teams of experts around them, is it a matter of time before they start recruiting Golf Course Architecture consultants? ;D I'm only about 55% joking here, I think...

I wouldn't move my mouse to read anything Elkington says about anything.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mark McKeever

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »

I think he's pretty entertaining on Twitter!

Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »

I think he's pretty entertaining on Twitter!

As do I, though I have heard some people refer to negative personal experiences with him. I cannot speak to this first-hand, but I have found a great deal of the Secret in the Dirt material I have watched to be pretty interesting. And the cartoons that he posts on his Twitter feed, especially, are almost all excellent.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Will Lozier

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »
I was not at all impressed with their knowledge of GCA.  They're checking their phones to see who designed the courses at Bandon and speak about Pete Dye as if he were long gone.  Rocco and the talkative caddie seem to be the most genuinely aware but, it all seems like a game of name-dropping.

And, yes, Elk comes off as an ass on twitter.  I remember when Bubba acted like a petulant child during their brush up but, having heard other stories about SE and reading some of his twitter posts, he may well have deserved some of the criticism he got and continues to get.

Cheers

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:36:12 PM »
Rocco is a member of Golden Valley G&CC here in the Twin Cities, which is a pretty neat classic AWT design, so he must have some interest in the subject.

I would be shocked if Geoff Ogilvy wasn't a lurker here considering his tweets.
H.P.S.

John Crowley

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »
Rocco is a member of Golden Valley G&CC here in the Twin Cities, which is a pretty neat classic AWT design, so he must have some interest in the subject.

I would be shocked if Geoff Ogilvy wasn't a lurker here considering his tweets.

Pat,

I know he's a member at Bel Air and Calusa Pines but what in the world is he doing in Minnesota? The only connection I can imagine is that his new wife, or fiancé, or girlfriend is from that neck of the woods.

New wife.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back