News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Marc Huther

« on: June 30, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
Hello, my name is Marc Huther I grew upand have spent most of my life in Southern Indiana sandwiched between Victoria National, Quail Crossing, and Rolling Hills CC (member). But I currently live in Nashville, Tn.  My good friend and current GCA member Nigel Islam introduced me to this great site and I am greatful for the privilege to post.

I am enthusiastic about golf, archetecture , and the history and am looking forward to expanding my knowledge here on these forums. 

Courses played to name a few, Crystal Down, Pinehurst #2, Holston Hills, Lookout Mountain, Hill/Ross course (french lick). Looking forward to experiencing more great courses in the future.

Thanks

David Harshbarger

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
Welcome, Marc! 

What are some of your favorite courses, or what courses are you looking to play?

Dave
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Nigel Islam

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
Welcome Marc, now you can tell everybody about that par you made from the left of 11 at Crystal Downs!

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
Welcome Marc!
H.P.S.

Marc Huther

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »
Dave,

I would have to say my favorite courses I've played:
Pinehurst #2
Crystal Downs
Ross Course (French Lick)
Holston Hills
Lookout Mountain
Valhalla
Arcadia Bluffs
Bay Hill
Hermitage
Harrison Hills

I am looking to play courses by as many great architects as I can. I'm not chasing any top documented list just looking for great golf experiences and exposure.

Thanks for your interest!
Marc

Paul Jones

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
Welcome to the nut tree house  :)
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Paul Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 10:12:26 AM »
Dave,

I would have to say my favorite courses I've played:
Pinehurst #2
Crystal Downs
Ross Course (French Lick)
Holston Hills
Lookout Mountain
Valhalla
Arcadia Bluffs
Bay Hill
Hermitage
Harrison Hills

I am looking to play courses by as many great architects as I can. I'm not chasing any top documented list just looking for great golf experiences and exposure.

Thanks for your interest!
Marc

Marc,

I am huge fan of Lookout Mountain and think it is one of the most fun courses I have ever played along with Crystal Downs.  I need to get back to Pinehurst as I have only played it once and it was many years ago.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Mark McKeever

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »
Welcome aboard Marc!  You must know Joe Bausch coming from south Indaina?

Mark

Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Marc Huther

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
Paul,

I agree Lookout Mountain was fantastic! The conditions, the design, the location were all great and I also consider it one of the most fun/enjoyable rounds of golf!
I was lucky enough to get to play Pinehurst #2 after the remodel. It was great you would really appreciate the work they put into the already great course. Going back to play there would be worth it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back