News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Paul_Turner

An "Alps" Hole
« on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
The "Treehouse" probably won't take long to ID this one?

In the supporting text it's described as an "Alps": the tiger can take on the carry over the large mounds whereas the rabbit can tack to the right.  The pin I'm sure is usually tucked behind the huge bunker on the right.  Reminiscent of the Jockey Club with its huge mounding behind? (PS the 800 pixel limit on photo width is bad for old, wide angle, pics!)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:24:39 PM by Paul_Turner »
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

ChipOat

Re: An "Alps" Hole
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »
The mountains in the background will make it easy for many but not me; with the pine trees it looks like Canada.  I anxiously await the other guesses and the correct answer.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 11:01:59 PM »
Right-click image and select "open image in new tab" to see both in their entireties.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Rich Goodale

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »
Looks like HH Barker's 10th at Merion East......
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

JMEvensky

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »

You just can't help yourself,can you? (smiley omitted)

Jim Nugent

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »

Those mountains in the background gave it away...

Paul_Turner

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »
Volcanoes

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
Hirono 6?
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Paul_Turner

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »
Mark

Bingo!  Have you played and recognized immediately?  Or was it the volcano clue?

It's not a hole that's celebrated at Hirono but I thought it looked interesting in this old pic.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »
Paul

The volcano clue did it for me. I haven't (yet!) played Hirono but right off the bat I noticed what I think of as "Hirono trees." The pics also reminded me very strongly of those old Hirono pics that pop up from time to time. What threw me off was the flatness of the ground and then everyone pointing to Canada. I talked myself into believing those looked like Stanley Thompson bunkers.

Thank you for sharing the pics. This hole looks very alluring; the flashed bunker faces look amazing. These pics strengthen my resolve to get off my duff and play there. Although I look at this Noel Freeman pic of the hole and wonder what happened:

Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back