News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Marrero

New member intro
« on: August 24, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
Hello all,

I have heard great things about this forum. One of my good friends Peter Le is a member and says he's learned a lot from you guys. I have read many of the course reviews and think and I've learned a bunch.

I am from New England and grew up in Connecticut. I went to college and medical school at the University of Connecticut and now am doing my radiology residency in Boston. I'm an avid golfer, some would say obsessed/addicted, who tends to play many of the public courses around Boston. Interestingly I've played the most golf I ever played during residency and have gotten my handicap down to an 8.7. I look forward to playing with many you guys in the area and look forward to learning more about the amazing world of golf.

I hope to contribute to this site and I plan to add to this amazing community you guys got here.

Nice to meet you all,
Dan

Steve Kline

Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:11:52 AM »
Welcome Dan. Attending some of the events put together on this site has been the most fun for me. Playing with architecture enthusiasts at interesting courses is a lot of fun. I've met a lot of really good people. And, the dinner conversations are always interesting. It might be tough with your residency but you should really make it a point to attend any of the outings that you can.

Dan Marrero

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 07:52:49 AM »
Thanks for the response Steve.

I think attending the GCA event sounds like a really good idea. I'm gonna look to try and attend the Streamsong event in March. I played there in April of this year with Peter Le and was amazed by the courses. I would love to play there again. I look forward to meeting you all.

I will be attending the Eastward Ho event this September. Hopefully some GCA'ers will be there.

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:18:36 PM »
Welcome Dan!
H.P.S.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 04:06:35 AM »
Welcome to the group Dan,

Jon

Paul Gray

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 07:41:29 AM »
Welcome Dan.

Hope you get a lot out of the site.

In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Jud_T

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
Welcome to Thunderdome.  1200 enter, no one leaves...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 01:14:25 PM »
The best way to get well known around here is to start a thread about the origins of Merion  ;D 

Dan Marrero

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »
Anybody in the Boston area want to play?

Howard Riefs

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 03:55:06 PM »
I'm gonna look to try and attend the Streamsong event in March. I played there in April of this year with Peter Le and was amazed by the courses. I would love to play there again. I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome, Dan.

I'm coordinating the Streamsong trip in March 2014.  If yiou haven't already receive the pricing info about the trip from Peter, please let me know and I'll share it with you.  
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back