News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim_Kennedy

Terrible Tillie's Texas Travails
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:40:53 PM »
Who knew that GCA could be such a perilous profession ;D

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tom_Doak

Re: Terrible Tillie's Texas Travails
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
Pretty much every golf course architect has encountered his share of wild animals and other dangers if he has walked enough sites.  Often enough we are out there by ourselves, which is just stupid, but we don't usually worry about it.

I have encountered poisonous snakes of various kinds, alligators, wild boars, kangaroos, water buffalo, bison, elk, and bees nests, all of them potentially dangerous.  Deer hunters, dynamite teams, and Latvian army guys, too.  Still, the closest I ever came to severe injury was bodysurfing on a site in the Dominican Republic, when the guy next to me, a hotel executive, did a header onto a hidden coral reef, and we had to medevac him back to the U.S.

However the most startling was encountering a naked homeless man on a site along the river near downtown Omaha.  Didn't know what to say there.  He did not appear to be in possession of all his faculties.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:54:02 PM by Tom_Doak »

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:03:04 PM »
At least you knew he wasn't carrying a concealed weapon.  ;D

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:58:22 PM »
Pretty much every golf course architect has encountered his share of wild animals and other dangers if he has walked enough sites.  Often enough we are out there by ourselves, which is just stupid, but we don't usually worry about it.

I have encountered poisonous snakes of various kinds, alligators, wild boars, kangaroos, water buffalo, bison, elk, and bees nests, all of them potentially dangerous.  Deer hunters, dynamite teams, and Latvian army guys, too.  Still, the closest I ever came to severe injury was bodysurfing on a site in the Dominican Republic, when the guy next to me, a hotel executive, did a header onto a hidden coral reef, and we had to medevac him back to the U.S.

However the most startling was encountering a naked homeless man on a site along the river near downtown Omaha.  Didn't know what to say there.  He did not appear to be in possession of all his faculties.

Tom,

Was it you or someone else who arranged for Ran to be transported back to NC ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back