News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carlyle Rood

Cart Path Width?
« on: May 03, 2003, 12:56:57 PM »
How wide should a cart path be around high traffic areas like the clubhouse and practice tee?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Frank_Sinatra

Re: Cart Path Width?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 01:23:12 PM »
for someone that has a website called golfarch.com you sure aren't too quick on the uptake are you jack? if you are asking questions that you should already know then it is obvious why the U of G basketball team needed some severe ncaa sanctions. maybe even the death penalty. but you know that now don't you?

in case you really do have a mind that is capable of doing your own work try to figure it out on your own and then learn from your mistakes or even better maybe profit from your correct decisions. don't you think it is getting a tad bit ridiculous to be asking people which color you should do your drawings in? or is all of this to show architects that might be looking in that you know how to color better then a three year old.

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 02:02:48 PM »
Carlyle -- Min. 7-ft. for one-way traffic; 10-ft. for two-way traffic. I prefer 12-ft. for two-way. Around the clubhouse it really depends on what the program is; e.g., will there be parking, turning, putting green parking, or parking for the dsiabled (such as the ever-insecure, Frank Sinatra who tried his best to respond to your post but was only able to pound out a few remarks on his mommy's keyboard).

— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Carlyle Rood

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 03:12:03 PM »
Forrest:

Thanks.  I realized when I was drafting the clubhouse master plan for our class that I couldn't even recall how wide a golf CART was, let alone a path!  Unfortunately, I didn't have either your book or Tom Doak's handy.

Do you think that was the REAL Frank Sinatra?  ;D

Carlyle
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:05 PM by -1 »

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 03:53:35 PM »
Carlyle,

The correct answer is wide enough for the refreshment (i.e. beer) cart to park next to your cart without you having to get out.

By the way, Frank Sinatra is actually a Georgia Tech alumni. The give-away is that he doesn't know that you're supposed to CAPITALIZE the first word of every sentence!

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 04:01:44 PM »
I agree with the beer cart comment. My favorite slang, however, is "Beer Wench Supply Van". Regarding Frank, yes, that is the real Sinatra. I am surprised by now that those who do this cloaked posting have not realized that a few of the "regulars" now have the software to extract e-mails from these guys when they post — oh well, live and learn. Hope your project comes out well. My best to you.
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 08:44:03 PM »
Around the clubhouse and practice tee, the answer is as wide as possible....an interstate wouldn't be too wide.

At least 16 behind the practice tee and at least that, if not 24 around the clubhouse.  No matter how you try, even painting parking lines, etc. the carts kind of scatter katy wompous and you need more room.

Pete Dye tells the story of being sued at Austin CC for an incident where a woman backed over her sisters leg, breaking it.  They got him on the stand, asking whether he had "left enough room for maneuvering carts in the staging area."

He replied (even though he had nothing to do with the cart staging area design) "Well, she backed up without looking, and hit her after moving about two inches.  If the cart staging area had been the size of Montana, she still would have hit her!"
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 09:28:49 PM »
Make sure to put a note on your assignment indicating that you provide alignments for cart paths, but all technical detail is to be provided by the Project Engineer. here is my standard wording:

Cart Path Design; Construction Drawings prepared by the Golf Course Architect will not include grading and other features directly related to golf cart paths. There will be included, however, a routing plan for golf cart paths. The Owner agrees to provide a qualified Engineer or other professional to prepare final documents covering the design and specification of all golf cart and maintenance paths consistent with the Owner’s selection of the type of golf cart to be used at this Project. The Golf Course Architect will consult on such matters pertaining to cart paths, but shall not be held liable for claims
arising from the design or specification of golf cart paths, nor for any associated claims arising from the operation of golf carts or rules or regulations covering their use at this Project.

So there.
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back