News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Sisk,_CGCS

The Music Man
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »
This past Monday I participated in a charity outing at a very nice and well respected club.  As an added little bonus I had my first encounter with "The guy who plays music, LOUDLY, from his golf car".

Evidently there really are golfers (Excuse me, I just threw up a little bit by calling this guy a golfer) in this world who have zero regard for those playing with or near him.  His choice of music was subject at best and his "cart dancing", yes, cart dancing, skills would have made Elaine Benes (google it if you need to) jealous.  What a complete distraction from an otherwise enjoyable day on a well designed and well maintained golf course!

I can accept jamming an IPod or similar device into one's ears while on a practice green or taking an early evening walk.  However, to subject the masses to someone's top 40 from the '80's play list, over and over again, is a cruel and unusual punishment. 

After our round I instructed my friends and playing partners that if I should ever come close to being "That Guy" they are to immediately and forcefully punch me in the throat.  I'll gladly return the favor.

hhuffines

Re: The Music Man
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »
I'm with you 100%!!!  I spent the weekend with some talented young players who played some of the damnedest music I've ever heard... Afroman?  Really?  This is a growing trend at our club in tournaments too.  It seems their version of courtesy is to at least turn the volume down when the other players play.  The only positive I can see is increased alcohol sales for the club's bottom line.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »
At 4p m at Coeur D'Alene, you can take out carts with stereos.  plus Joe Rice and the Hootie guys do it all the time at Bulls Bay ;D
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

astavrides

Re: The Music Man New
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:07:16 PM by astavrides »

Jud_T

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
I enjoy this on the range quite often for all to hear, even though it's not of my doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF--ldYIBnM
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back