News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: 8 days in Nebraska (pictures)
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
Tell us about the nests.

WW

Wade,

I snapped the first picture of the nest on Monday. The species escapes me (CJ knows what it is). It was located in the landing zone of the par 4 11th. The grounds crew had placed flags around it in order to keep folks from driving over it.

Later in the week the little guys began to hatch!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »
I'm not certain, but I'd bet that is the Snowy Plover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Plover

I'm under the impression this bird is on the endangered species lists because last year the park rangers closed sections of the parking lot at Lake Mac because the lake was so high, the birds had nowhere to make their nests. Funny how these birds are everywhere, yet endangered. 
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Chris Johnston

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
It was a killdeer nest. 

Mike Hendren

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
    Yes, Michael, that stuff. Spicy, smooth but complex.

El Bogero, that Tennessee walker, will be disappointed I have switched my allegiance.

I am devastated.  The man crush - over. 

I can deal with the fact that you haven't favored me with access to any of America's great courses in over five years, but this is a betrayal.  I knew when you first switched from Budweiser this day would come. 

I am crestfallen.

Mike to you.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Gene Greco

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
    Yes, Michael, that stuff. Spicy, smooth but complex.

El Bogero, that Tennessee walker, will be disappointed I have switched my allegiance.

I am devastated.  The man crush - over. 

I can deal with the fact that you haven't favored me with access to any of America's great courses in over five years, but this is a betrayal.  I knew when you first switched from Budweiser this day would come. 

I am crestfallen.

Mike to you.

Bogero:

I will try to break it to you gently.

You see, today I received a shipment of my new favorite beer from one, Mike Whitaker.

It's over and I'm sorry.

Now I must return to the thousand year conflict.

Gene

"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back