News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Guy Nicholson

Augusta then and now
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:01 PM »
http://www.historyshots.com/augusta/index.cfm?s=cirk

Forgive me if this has been posted previously. Make sure you click on the poster a few times to zoom in.

Emile Bonfiglio

Re: Augusta then and now
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
I haven't seen it before, pretty cool!
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Guy:

This thread covers the changes in details:  http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,51383.0.html
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Guy Nicholson

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »
Sure, Sven, but can I tack it on my wall?  ;)

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
Go ahead, you might run out of printer ink though.  That stuff is pretty expensive these days.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

Howard Riefs

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
It was buried on page 6 of Sven's "The Changes to ANGC" thread.  

Picture-perfect (pun intended) for this thread...

Illustration of how each hole has changed through the years.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1669422/100-ways-augusta-changed-to-make-the-masters-harder-infographic

(See the slideshow on top of the page)
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »
By the way, was that your piece in the Globe and Mail on Augusta's membership policies?  If so, I enjoyed your take on the matter.

Guy Nicholson

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »
Yes it was, thank you.

Howard Riefs

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
I liked the side by side comparisons but it's hard to compare.  I also didn't see the pot bunker that Jones and Mackenzie placed on the 11th so I wonder how detailed (and accurate) it really is? 

I still for the life of me can't understand why ANGC doesn't try and restore some of the shapes of greens that are very minor.  As an example the left side of the 12th green?

Jfaspen

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
I liked the side by side comparisons but it's hard to compare.  I also didn't see the pot bunker that Jones and Mackenzie placed on the 11th so I wonder how detailed (and accurate) it really is? 

I still for the life of me can't understand why ANGC doesn't try and restore some of the shapes of greens that are very minor.  As an example the left side of the 12th green?

I love the look of the vertical church pew bunkers in back of 13..  That could make a recovery shot much more interesting.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
Very cool.  Thanks for sharing!!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back