News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

SL_Solow

Barbara Worth Golf Resort
« on: January 21, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »
It appears that this course and attendant amenities is the subject of a Bankruptcy Court sale.  Does anyone know anything about it?

David_Tepper

Re: Barbara Worth Golf Resort
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 05:17:05 PM »
In Holtville, CA:
http://barbaraworth.net/

David Harshbarger

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 11:14:16 PM »
The Facebook has more action:

https://www.facebook.com/Barbaraworthcc/

Some good smiles in those photos.  New owners at some point making a go of it. 
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

SL_Solow

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 08:52:25 PM »
The broker offering it for a bankruptcy sale sent out the notice yesterday.  Whether the next owner can make it is an open question.  I was wondering if anyone has any direct knowledge about the course

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:05:36 AM »
I probably spent about one hour there about 10 years ago.  I think it is remarkable that the buildings are still standing, and there is any grass on the course.  Huge credit to anyone's efforts on site.  The location is bad at best.  I figured with the infrastructure that it would have been shutdown and the planning of alternative land uses pretty far down the road by now.  I don't think it has a future as a golf resort.

It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back