News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael George

Brookside Charity Outing
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »

For those interested, I received a Save the Date for an interesting golf outing:

The Ronald McDonald House of Akron (which hosts families with children at Akron Children's Hospital) is hosting its annual Charity Golf outing at Brookside in Canton, Ohio on June 11, 2012.  There are morning (8am) and afternoon (1pm) shotgun tee times.  It includes golf, breakfast/lunch (depending on which round you play in) and dinner at Brookside.  With the dinner at Brookside, I would recommend the afternoon round.  Plus, the sun setting over the Brookside hills is gorgeous.  The cost is $250-$300 (The Save the Date does not say but the organizer told me it is between the 2 amounts).  Enough has been said about Brookside on this site so check the archives if you want to know about the course.  I believe Brad Klein has the greens ranked as the best Ross greens in the country.

If anyone is interested, let me know.  I may try and schedule another outing around this event if people are interested, but have not checked on availability yet.  It would likely be on Sunday afternoon if I did anything.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

BHoover

Re: Brookside Charity Outing
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
Michael,

I may be interested in playing. I'm always ready to play Brookside, and I gives me the chance to visit my parents in North Canton. Not entirely sure yet that I could take the day off work for the outing, but I would be interested if I can make it work.

Do you know the format? It's not a scramble, I hope.

Brian Finn

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »
Hi Michael,  I am very interested as well.  I am still pretty new to OH and have not yet played brookside canton, but am eager to do so.  Please share any additional information you receive.  If you coordinate additional golf around this event, I would do my best to join you.  So much great golf in OH...can't wait for this season.  Thank you.  B. Finn
New for '24: Monifieth (Medal & Ashludie), Montrose (1562 & Broomfield), Panmure, Carnoustie (Championship, Burnside, & Buddon), Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop (Red & Black), Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs (South & Bluffs), Kapalua Plantation...

Jason Walker

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
=
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:10:18 PM by Jason Walker »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back