News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jglenn

Analysing the Clockwise Old Course
« on: December 31, 2001, 07:59:14 PM »
So I've got this idea.

Here i am playing this Links golf game on my computer hitting a bump-and-run through the Valley of Sin to beat Duval for the Open when suddently this idea pops in my mind.

Let's see if i can play the infamous Reverse Course 'cause sure enough the game seems be set up so that i can play from anywhere to anywhere so i tee off on 1 and go for the 17th green then play from 18 tee to the 16th green and so on and so forth and i start to think this is a great golf course.

So this second idea waltzes in to my head, un-announced.

Let's see if i can analyse this course and share it with the Discussion Group for discussion even though obviously Links is just a computer game but it seems to have reproduced the Old Course faithfully enough so using screen shots i could certainly show how it would play.

I'm thinking I could set up one hole a week.

How about it?

Anything goes to get a Canadian to think about golf during winter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Rich_Goodale

Re: Analysing the Clockwise Old Course
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2001, 09:12:03 PM »
Go for it Jeremy!

As I've said a few times before, I think the clockwise course might well be better than the current one.  Let's try this thought out and see what others who are willing to constructively suspend their disbelief might think.

Happy New Year.

Rich

Jim_Kennedy

Re: Analysing the Clockwise Old Course
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2001, 09:49:32 PM »
Jeremy, Here is a link to a virtual tour cdrom of TOC. The one photo they show exhibits some pretty good graphics.  

http://www.virtual-standrews.com/

I live in the NW corner of CT about 4 mis from NY and 4 mis from MA.. About 1 1/2 hrs N of me, 3 1/2 hrs S of Montreal,  is a course in Valatie, NY, that Quebecois use as their version of Myrtle Beach. It's called Winding Brook, stays open as long as it's not snow covered and on any given weekend there are at least 20-30 cars in the lot from Canada. I don't know if this is your Province but just thought I'd let you know, in case you needed an outlet. Mail me if you go.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back