News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Salmen

18 at CPC vs. 18 at Olympic
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:17:04 PM »
The recent thread on 18 at CPC got me thinking and for some reason 18 at Olympic popped into my head.  Both holes are about the same yardage, tee shot appears flat.  Then you go a bit downhill and the approach is considerably uphill.  The obvious difference is that one is a dog leg and one is straight.  Both holes are also lined with cypress trees.

It seems that 18 at Olympic has a reputation for being a great finishing hole and 18 at CPC is anticlimactic.  I think 18 at CPC is every bit as good, if not better, primarily because the player is not forced to carry the approach to the green.  Perhaps the difference in the perception of the two holes are the holes on the respective courses that come before them?

Joel_Stewart

Re: 18 at CPC vs. 18 at Olympic
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
I've played them both many times and don't see the similarities.  Olympic play much shorter.  CPC is much more demanding, the tee shot is all about position and the 2nd you have to deal with that tree on the right.

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
"the 2nd you have to deal with that tree on the right."

Joel -

Isn't there a tree you have to deal with on the right on the Lake's #18 as well? ;)

DT

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 07:08:10 AM »
Joel

You have the overhanging trees on the left of CPC as well ?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back