News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

Who would play Hickory Golf at Askernish?
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »

How many would travel to play Hickory Golf at Askernish, on a course born out of the 19th Century. Natural as you will ever get, the land has not been terra formed just tweaked to accommodate the great game of Golf.

Come on who would travel is The World Hickory Golfer organised an event at Askernish - now is the time to shout from the roof tops I am a Golfer, I will committed to playing Hickory at Askernish.

One thing is for certain you will not forget the experience and hopefully may want to renew it again and again.

Step up and be counted

Melvyn

jkinney

Re: Who would play Hickory Golf at Askernish?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
Melvyn - If the Chairman keeps a set of lefty hickory clubs in the wee clubhouse, I'll do it the next time I'm there - sadly, not until next year. Mac Plumart did it back this May. Hats off to Mac !

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
jkinney...The Chairman does have hickories...Bon chance!!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:54:02 AM by Mac Plumart »
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »

Wonder if we can get some sponsorship to purchase a few Club sets of Hickory from The St Andrews Golf Co (http://www.standrewsgolfco.com/shop_subcategory.asp?categoryid=1&subcategoryid=165) to be used as required by Askernish GC.

Melvyn

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »
If I could, I would bring both my 1880 set and 1920 set and do many rounds with both. Of course, using the appropriate repro balls from McIntyre.
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Mike Policano

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
I went online and the course looks like a perfect hickory course. When are they thinking of holding the event?

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »

Mike

In answer to your question we have given Ralph at Askernish the contact details of Lionel Freedman at The World Hickory Golfer (http://www.worldhickorygolfer.com/).  I believe that Lionel has contacts with The Society of Hickory Golfers in America, so I am hoping that something soon will be arranged although not immediately as they have just make contact.

Melvyn

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back