News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Lapper

GCA Special Charity Prize!!
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
Here's a GCA wacko's delight!

All for the Ben Cox Charity

For the highest bidder (by Sunday 8pm), I am proud to offer a chance to spend a day on the job this fall or next with Jim Urbina, reshaping and restoring the Tillinghast gem at Paramount CC, New City NY. You'll have the chance to help shape a piece of the course and the day will come complete with unlimited amounts of Rolling Rock, Diet Coke, and Right Guard, (along with copious amounts of dog drool). The winner will also receive a hand-signed master plan of the restoration.

The winner will also have the pleasure of an roundtable golf course architecture cage match evening with Jim, GCA's own finest curmudgeon, Pat Mucci, it's resident hickory golf fanatic Mike Policano and myself at Northern NJ's finest strip mall Chinese (Chengdu 23)*. There may well be other surprise guest attendees. Finally, the winner receives a good until used 2x  foursome pass at Paramount and a single mystery round at one of the NYC Metro's top 15 courses (to be named later, but definitely at least a top 50 GW) at a date TBD.

I figure this is worth close to $1000, but will open the bidding at $250

Please PM me or reach me at slapper@me.com to enter your bid

*Of course, it might be worth more to pay Mucci, Policano and myself to stay home....we'll entertain that as well!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:42:35 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Steve Lapper

Re: GCA Special Charity Prize!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
We have a $400 bid!!

Seriously folks, if you despise Chinese (and it is arguably NJ's best), we can find another fine dining establishment that serves cold beer!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Jason Walker

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 09:01:56 PM »
For all people outside of Jersey, most restaurants are BYOB so you can make up your donation on cheap BYO PBR!

Joe Bausch

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »
For all people outside of Jersey, most restaurants are BYOB so you can make up your donation on cheap BYO PBR!

Mmmm, Duff PBR.

Homer J. Simpson
----------------------------------
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:06:11 PM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Phil McDade

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »

Mmmm, Duff PBR.

Homer J. Simpson
----------------------------------

Swill!

Steve Lapper

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »
We have a $600 bid at present. Thanks to all of you who have bid.

I'm sorry if I don't post bids immediately but I'll try to update as frequently as I can.

While not surprised, I'm mightly impressed by the generosity and spirit of all those I've heard from so far. Keep it coming!!

Thanks btw to Jim, Pat, and Mike......they all are thrilled to help any way they can!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:44:58 PM by Steve Lapper »

Steve Lapper

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:59:45 PM »
Ding, Ding...this just in: $700!!

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »
Come on NJ and NY guys - Mucci dinner is worth the price of admission.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »
Lads and Laddies,

We have a $1000 bid, from a most generous GCA'er.

Do I hear $1100 or at least a matching bid (so I can be convinced to issue two prizes)?????

Adam Clayman

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
Steve, On behalf of everyone, if I may be so bold, I'd like to thank you for this great idea. Surely, getting to see some of the nuts and bolts on a Tillie, is a treat only a gca geek can appreciate. Listening to Jim U. is also another treat. Having dinner with you, Mike and Pat, is only icing on the cake. Thanks on behalf of the BenCox155.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Steve Lapper

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »
BUMP!!!! Only 20 minutes left...Lets get more action for a great cause!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back