News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

William_G

Re: Bandon Dunes Par 3 course pictures...
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »
With so many golf courses at Bandon now, I wonder if some golfers will never leave.

hahaha, or wish they didn't have to
It's all about the golf!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 11:55:33 PM »
New pic of proposed hole for the new par-3 course at Bandon

thanks

I swear those Ducks always need an assist from a Beaver.

Here is a picture of the view from BD #13 tee of the burning/clearing happening across Cut Creek on January 20-21 2011.

Thanks
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

William_G

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 12:32:51 AM »
hahahahaha, thanks Garland, I somehow am unable to post pics directly to these threads on the site (Error on page) no smileys either. But I trudge on.

Again thanks for the assist, maybe I'll just forward my pics to you in the future to post directly.
It's all about the golf!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »
hahahahaha, thanks Garland, I somehow am unable to post pics directly to these threads on the site (Error on page) no smileys either. But I trudge on.

Again thanks for the assist, maybe I'll just forward my pics to you in the future to post directly.

Push the quote button on one of your posts. Open another folder (or window) and push the quote button on my post of your pictures. Compare the two. If you cannot post pictures after that I will have Ran ban you from the site.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Raphael_Larson

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
Will the existence of such dramatic dunes holes right next to the beginning and end of Bandon Trails hurt the overall assessment of BT? While I have no doubt C&C "found" the best 18 holes possible for BT, I fear that the forest holes, e.g., holes 9-10, on BT are going to become even less popular than they currently are when people inevitably compare that part of the property to the dunes land where the par 3 course is.  (For the record, I love BT and think 9-10 are both good, but not great, holes.) 

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »
Mr. Larson:

No.

Tom
the pres

Carl Rogers

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
I hope 2 & 11 aren't too close together.

Scott, the number of clubs may be a function of wind direction and velocity.  160 yards could be a 4 iron or a 9 iron.

Steve Kline

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
An optimum four club set for me would probably be 4-iron, 7-iron, SW, putter. That would be a really fund round after playing 36.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 12:25:33 PM »

After my visit to the resort in February, I can tell you that they have removed a lot of the trees from the dunes and things look different than the photos earlier in the thread.

Here are other threads about the par 3 course:

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42092.0.html

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42848.0.html

William_G

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »
It's all about the golf!

Scott Weersing

Re: Bandon Dunes Par 3 course pictures... Growing in
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 07:25:27 AM »

Here are some photos the par 3 course at Bandon (The Preserve) growing in:

http://theworldlink.com/sports/article_9492ddc8-0204-5cc0-b962-7cf11830c1b5.html

Tim Leahy

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
Will Bandon's par 3 be better than Olympic's or the one in Palos Verdes?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back