News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

Please vote for your favorite. You have till EOD Sunday. Anyone can vote, not just people who have played the holes. What I do ask of people who have played either of the holes is to advocate strongly (or speak against it) why you believe this hole deserves some love.

Happy voting!

Richard Choi

Vander Borght, #8 Seed, Mountain Lake, Hole #11, 182 yards

Richard Choi

Vander Borght, #9 Seed, Dormie Club, Hole #7, 203 yards

Mark McKeever

Mountain Lake

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Kalen Braley

Mountain Lake,

Normally I'm not a fan of the box, but its workin' for me on this hole!

Bill Brightly

Mountain Lake

Mac Plumart

Mountain Lake?  Seriously?  How about a little effort on the bunkering shaping?  Wow!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

John_Cullum

I say disqualify both. Mountain Lake is downhill and the ball stops where it lands, and it's otherwise not much to either play or look at. Dormie is a left to right hole that doesn't compare
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mac Plumart

I guess I never actually said this in my last post; Dormie.

Mark Saltzman

I say disqualify both. Mountain Lake is downhill and the ball stops where it lands, and it's otherwise not much to either play or look at. Dormie is a left to right hole that doesn't compare

The ball definitely does roll at mountain lake.  A ball landed front right with a bit of draw easily meanders its way back left.

I vote Mountain Lake.

Mac Plumart

How can you guys be voting for Mountain Lake?  Educate me, please.  I haven't played it, but from the looks of the hole (not the course, not the routing, this hole specifically) it looks pretty bad.  What is good about it?

From the photo, it looks like you can see the entire green.  That isn't a characteristic of the redan.  The bunkers look flat out awful.  Perfectly geometrical.  How is that good architectural effort? 

Seriously, I must be missing something BIG time.  Please enlighten me.

John_Cullum

How can you guys be voting for Mountain Lake?  Educate me, please.  I haven't played it, but from the looks of the hole (not the course, not the routing, this hole specifically) it looks pretty bad.  What is good about it?

From the photo, it looks like you can see the entire green.  That isn't a characteristic of the redan.  The bunkers look flat out awful.  Perfectly geometrical.  How is that good architectural effort? 

Seriously, I must be missing something BIG time.  Please enlighten me.

Mountain Lake was cited favorably in the Confidential Guide
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Richard Choi

Mountain Lake in an underwhelming 4 to 1 win. Somerset is next.

Ronald Montesano

Mountain Lake
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mac Plumart

FYI...I'll get these names wrong and probably spell them wrong.  But work with me here...replace Walter Mondale with Dormie and Michael Dukakis with Mountain Lake

Remember an old SNL skit, where there was a debate between Mondale and Dukakis?  Dukakis is a boob through the whole debate and then Mondale looks into the camera and says "I can't believe I'm losing to this guy."

Mountain Lake takes down Dormie...huh?

Kalen Braley

That's 5 to 1 with Ronnies votes, even if it is late.  It moves from an underwhelming to an indifferent win!!  ;D

Lester George

Neither

Lester

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back