News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom MacWood

Re: Raynor in Maine
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »
George
What is your point? Bill asked you if the 30 "missing" courses could be ones Raynor constructed for others and therefore never received design credit, and your answer was no.

Tom MacWood

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 06:34:57 AM »
George
In 1917 CBM said Raynor had been involved in 50 to 60 projects, and Raynor himself claims to have built 60 courses in 1917. This the timeline I have come up with. Are there other courses you would add?

1908 - NGLA
1909 -
1910 -
1911 - Sleepy Hollow, Piping Rock
1912 - St. Louis, Greenbriar
1913 -
1914 - Lido
1915 - Islip, CC of Fairfield, Westhampton, North Shore, Maidstone, Nassau
1916 - Blind Brook, Shinnecock Hills, Greenwich, Mountain Lake, Sunningdale, Morris County
1917 - Chicago, Shoreacres, Oakland, Olympic, Hollywood, Gardiners Bay, Bellport

He was involved with Findlay Douglas at Blind Brook, Alex Pirie at Sunningdale, HH Barker at Westhampton, C. Wheaton Vaughan at Maidstone and Robert White at Islip & North Shore. Islip and Olympic were never built, and I'm not sure what the story is with Gardiners Bay and Bellport. I don't think it is out of the question he collaborated with others, especially in Maine. In fact IMO it is the only reasonable explanation for the significant gap you have.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:54:10 AM by Tom MacWood »

George_Bahto

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
Tom M - ck ur e mail
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Tom MacWood

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 09:31:29 PM »
George
Since you've already indicated there is a large gap, rather than you add a few courses to my timeline why don't you give your theory as to why there is such a large gap.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back